Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

21 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Then the Fitbit Zip Holder. You would have to take the Medallion out every time for port security. 😳

Tony

21 hours ago, OzPilot said:

That’s certainly what I have read - although as you know, procedures can vary from port to port.  A “work around” could be to use a Stanley knife and carve away a bit of the Fitbit so that the words are no longer obscured. I’m only passing on what I have read - I have not seen any of the accessories from any supplier. 

In April we sailed B2B (Mexican Riviera & Coastal to Vancouver) on the Royal & never had to remove the Medallion from the aftermarket Fitbit clip holder...not in port, not on the ship.

I rechecked my OM in that clip holder & the material was flexible enough to see the name, ship & date.

49 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

In April we sailed B2B (Mexican Riviera & Coastal to Vancouver) on the Royal & never had to remove the Medallion from the aftermarket Fitbit clip holder...not in port, not on the ship.

I rechecked my OM in that clip holder & the material was flexible enough to see the name, ship & date.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.  I'm sure that some people will be pleased to hear it!

I downloaded just the OceanReady app. Not interested in any of the others. The whole process, for 2 people, took less than 30 minutes. I received an email confirming the Medallions are on order, including a confirmation number. Easy Peasy. 

Was just a bit confused it looks like so many people are doing diffrenr things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, john_galt said:

I downloaded just the OceanReady app. Not interested in any of the others. The whole process, for 2 people, took less than 30 minutes. I received an email confirming the Medallions are on order, including a confirmation number. Easy Peasy. 

It’s a lot easier now. It wasn’t last year. When the Ocean Ready app first  came out.

I had to call The IT number at least 5 or 6 times.

Tony

On 9/7/2019 at 4:12 PM, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

So here is my question. I am on the royal in a week so i downloaded all 4 apps and tonight downloaded the new single apple with all
Apps within what is everyone using.

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

It’s a lot easier now. It wasn’t last year. When the Ocean Ready app first  came out.

I had to call The IT number at least 5 or 6 times.

Tony

I have all the apps loaded but used only the MedallionClass™ app and have obtained the following:

- screens showing our OceanReady Passes (which I have copied - just in case)

- a screen saying Congratulations, my order has been placed successfully, and

- an email confirmation of the order

All ready to Rock 'n Roll....

On 9/6/2019 at 2:40 PM, Pia1913 said:

As for mini bar change, I just called their direct line instead of pressing the room service button on the phone.  They answered immediately and said change could not take place until the next morning.  OK.  No biggie.   Hank said it was his 26th Princess cruise.  It was my 81st.

Did you make the cutoff for the MT function?

jjr718,  it is a function to recognize who has the most days at sea with Princess.  It is amazing to see that some guests have spent over three or four years at sea.  Me; I have two cruises with Princess; so am lucky they allow me to board the ship.  😎

• Haha 2

I’m having a ‘brain-bubble’ here.  Cruising in a few days on the Caribbean Princess, have received our medallions, everything is to be ready to go....however, when I go into the app on my iPhone and enter my info, all photos, etc come up so, how do I do the same for my husband?  Does he need a separate app?  Thanks in advance and hope some of you pros can burst that bubble.

3 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Both of you info can be stored in your ocean ready app.  Since you both have your medallions you are good to go.

OK thanks, so it doesn’t matter if only my photos show up when I log in?

bubble hasn’t burst yet!

6 minutes ago, suspaul said:

I’m having a ‘brain-bubble’ here.  Cruising in a few days on the Caribbean Princess, have received our medallions, everything is to be ready to go....however, when I go into the app on my iPhone and enter my info, all photos, etc come up so, how do I do the same for my husband?  Does he need a separate app?  Thanks in advance and hope some of you pros can burst that bubble.

I've got the same problem.

The passport that shows is either mine or my husbands. I can't get both loaded after numerous tries.

I'll just have them ready to show when boarding as usual. 

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I've got the same problem.

The passport that shows is either mine or my husbands. I can't get both loaded after numerous tries.

I'll just have them ready to show when boarding as usual. 

I had the same problem, In the Ocean Medallion I clicked on Ocean Ready, I had to click on one photo then the next.  I accidently swapped the passports and photos twice.

The main thing you need for your cruise is the ocean ready app that shows  two green checks with bar code, meaning you are ocean ready and you will have your medallion shipped or picked up.   When you arrive at the port; port security (not princess), will want to see both a passport and your boarding pass.  If you have the two green checks with a barcode; then you show that barcode to port security. If you don't have your medallion you can show a printed boarding pass that you get from your cruise personalizer.  Once you pass security you will then enter the Princess area and the medallion people will be there to greet you.  If you are wearing your medallion; Princess reps will scan your medallion and you will be on your way to the boarding area.  Once they start boarding the ships security team will scan your medallion and you will be on the ship.  That's it.  Have a great cruise

• Like 1

A question for those who have already been on a Medallion cruise.  How often do you actually have to produce the medallion to use it?  Just to get on and off the ship?  Or is it also necessary to produce it for all of the onboard functions?  I'm trying to decide about the accessories.  Wearing it as jewelry doesn't really appeal to me but if I have to keep pulling it out of my pocket all the time, maybe I'll go that route anyway. 

Just remembered an interesting experience on our CB cruise.  When we got to our cabin (on embarkation day) we glanced at the cabin door to see where to go for the muster drill and noted it was Deck 7 (for the main theater).  Later that afternoon, when it was time for the drill, we headed down the steps to Deck 7.  At the bottom of the steps we were stopped by a crew member who asked "which muster station?"  It turned out that there were two different stations at that location and we had no clue which one.  With the cruise card we would have simply glanced at the card where that info is printed in large type!  With the Medallion you need a scanner :).  The crew member pulled out her scanner only to discover the battery was dead (she said it happens all the time).  After we had a good laugh she called over another crew member who came once he was done helping some others with the same problem.  That 2nd crew member scanned our Medallion but the system was lagging.  Finally, after about 30 seconds we all discovered our proper muster station.  This entire process took about 2 minutes.  Now imagine a real emergency when hundreds (or more) have the same problem!  or picture in your mind a long queue as somebody tries to scan your Medallion ...while the ship is filling with smoke (or something similar).

Hank