Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, ecs66 said:

With so many cruisers unsure about device compatibility, I envision a new shop on board -- one that sells smart phones - LOL!  Maybe it would be something like Walmart's cellular area, carrying a few different providers' phones and plans.

Maybe you could order one with your Medallion app and have it delivered to your poolside lounger.....wait, that would tear the fabric of the space-time continuum.

Edited by SargassoPirate

2 hours ago, ecs66 said:

With so many cruisers unsure about device compatibility, I envision a new shop on board -- one that sells smart phones - LOL!  Maybe it would be something like Walmart's cellular area, carrying a few different providers' phones and plans.

Maybe Princess could make a few bucks by having the Internet Café rent small tablets to PAX with the apps pre installed.  This way flip phone owners can take advantage of the onboard benefits of the OM program.   Just a thought...:classic_unsure:

56 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Maybe Princess could make a few bucks by having the Internet Café rent small tablets to PAX with the apps pre installed.  This way flip phone owners can take advantage of the onboard benefits of the OM program.

Hmmm ...  Actually, that's not a terrible idea.  You should suggest it to CCL.   For people like my hubby, just rent one for the cruise.  No long-term commitment for the passenger, and MO' MONEY for Princess/Carnival.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrSea said:

I cannot read 62 pages for the answer to my question. 

Do you keep the medallion after the cruise? Or do you turn it in? Do you use the same medallion on your next cruise?

Please let me know. Thank you. 

You are given a new medallion for each cruise. Ours become souvenirs of our cruise. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

But you can still go to Passenger Services and get an old fashioned cruise card if you want.  Correct?

I read here that you can, but honestly, I think you might give it a try first. We really did like using ours. And believe me when I say I'm not much of a techy. 

1 hour ago, Doug R. said:

Yes, but why?

Souvenirs.  Already have a collection of those cards.  We plan to use the medallions anyway.  DW was disappointed that she can't put the medallions in a scrap book, so we'll get a card too for the scrap book.

Edited by Daniel A

Is it possible to add an additional room to my Medallion?  My daughter is staying in my mother in law's room and we want to be able to pop in her room if we need to. 

Some of the teen cousins are talking about swapping rooms. Is that going to be an issue with the Medallion? Can we switch the room that their medallion is linked to?

5 hours ago, DrSea said:

Wow...they are literally giving out thousands of medallions weekly. That must be very expensive. 

I've seen the topic where people bought accessories for the medallion that can be $40 on the ship. It now makes sense financially why they did it. 

• Haha 1

Sailing on the Regal in January.    Just completed check in and added Medallion app.  I’m still confused- to use the app do you have to have your cell phone and if so- keep it on airplane mode?

we usually keep cell phones in safe unless we want to take a picture.

25 minutes ago, dcruisers said:

Sailing on the Regal in January.    Just completed check in and added Medallion app.  I’m still confused- to use the app do you have to have your cell phone and if so- keep it on airplane mode?

Keep your phone in airplane mode. We get free internet mns so I carry my phone with me allowing me to ck email & facebook messenger wherever I sit for a while. I don't know about the other things like ordering drinks, food, playing games, etc. I didn't use those features. The tech person at the internet cafe is very good at answering questions.

14 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Souvenirs.  Already have a collection of those cards.  We plan to use the medallions anyway.  DW was disappointed that she can't put the medallions in a scrap book, so we'll get a card too for the scrap book.

I see and hopefully for you collectors you will not be cut off in the future, but I see it coming.

53 minutes ago, dcruisers said:

My first Medallion cruise is in February.  As I understand it, there are numerous kiosks around the ship (I suspect near elevators and stairwells) where your medallion will permit you to use various features without carrying your phone with you all the time.

• LauraS changed the title to Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1
  • LauraS unpinned and locked this topic