Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

15 minutes ago, Bextra1256 said:

Thanks

According to Princess information on their website:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

the medallion IS waterproof. It is shown being worn in a swimming pool. It shows in this video: Watch video: Introducing OceanMedallion™

Edited by MGnut
Added info.

30 minutes ago, denims said:

What ships now have Ocean-Medallions?

Caribbean, Regal & Royal.

Princess MedallionClass Ships: Caribbean Princess® | Regal Princess® | Royal Princess®
Coming soon to:  Crown Princess® (7/24/19), Sky Princess® (10/27/19) and Enchanted Princess® (6/19/20)

Edited by Astro Flyer

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Caribbean, Regal & Royal.

Princess MedallionClass Ships: Caribbean Princess® | Regal Princess® | Royal Princess®
Coming soon to:  Crown Princess® (7/24/19), Sky Princess® (10/27/19) and Enchanted Princess® (6/19/20)

Thanks!

can my wife take my medallion - with the PBP included - to a bar to get me a beer ? she will not have the package

and will just pay as she goes ... we've done this for each other in the past with the cards with no problems

i'm guessing it will be like all things Princess - maybe, it depends ... we will do this mainly during the day at the

pool bars - Outrigger and Tradewinds on the CB

voljeep,  my suggestions would be if you use the ocean now app on your phone you can order a drink from any of the bars; however if you want to keep your phone in your cabin; then you just walk up to the bar and tap your medallion on the pad at the bar, pool bar or regular bar.  

8 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

voljeep,  my suggestions would be if you use the ocean now app on your phone you can order a drink from any of the bars; however if you want to keep your phone in your cabin; then you just walk up to the bar and tap your medallion on the pad at the bar, pool bar or regular bar.  

thanks, I guess ... but that doesn't answer my question if "my wife" can take ...oh, nevermind ...

On 4/16/2019 at 6:56 PM, Ombud said:

2 questions:

1- will I be able to add my food allergy or will I still have to meet with maitre d on embarkation day

2- can I FINALLY track how many lattes I've had on my coffee 'card'?

If there is a way to track your lattes, we didn't find it on the Royal. Looked for it but didn't find it. I'll be really happy if somebody can tell me where we went wrong.

I received an email today, 4/20/19 informing me that I could finally access my booking on Ocean Ready, and order our Medallions for our 7/27/19 sailing on the Caribbean Princess, 98 days from now.

Edited by CineGraphic

On 4/19/2019 at 2:36 PM, sciteach11 said:

Just in case anyone was wondering, I just learned that passengers 2 and under do not receive medallions. Not that my baby would be using his, but it would have been a neat souvenir. Oh well. 

It's 3 year and under I thought. That's what popped up when I was doing Ocean Ready. Our baby is 16 months and we just came back on Royal Princess today. She got a cruise card that was used to check her off and on the ship. I had a lanyard but no plastic sleeve. Was told no hole punched allowed as it would mess up the chip and circuits. Bought another lanyard with plastic sleeve on board for about $5. (I need a new one at work anyway). Same scanner as the Medallions. She also got a plastic bracelet that had her muster station. (I think all kids under a certain age get those).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I received an email today, 4/20/19 informing me that I could finally access my booking on Ocean Ready, and order our Medallions for our 7/27/19 sailing on the Caribbean Princess, 98 days from now.

I'm on the same cruise but it still doesn't recognize me. When should I call them to find out why?

9 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm on the same cruise but it still doesn't recognize me. When should I call them to find out why?

I am on the same cruise and its just let me log into OceanReady.

Ombud,  you can give them a call at their ocean medallion desk;  their IT dept will try and get you signed into the app.  Your info for the app should match what you use to log in on the Princess website. Same user name and password; then add booking #

44 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Ombud,  you can give them a call at their ocean medallion desk;  their IT dept will try and get you signed into the app.  Your info for the app should match what you use to log in on the Princess website. Same user name and password; then add booking #

It says on the cruise personaliser that its a separate login to the Princess login:

"Follow the instructions to create an Ocean account login (separate from your Princess login) and provide information for your new Princess Medallion."

Edited by CCFC
Missed a bit

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

Are your trying through a browser or the app? I had problems using the app version to recognize the cruise, but the browser version worked fine (www.ocean.com) . Once the online version recognized it, I logged out of the app, and then logged back in. The app then recognized the cruise.

• Like 1

I know you can set up your information with the Ocean Ready App.  However, do you HAVE to scan your Passport to your phone?  If you don't does that make for boarding more complicated?  Not really comfortable about having my passport on my phone.

1 hour ago, Denali2003 said:

I know you can set up your information with the Ocean Ready App.  However, do you HAVE to scan your Passport to your phone?  If you don't does that make for boarding more complicated?  Not really comfortable about having my passport on my phone.

I'm with you on that one. I did our OR setup a few weeks ago for our trip on the Royal next week, and purposely did not scan the passport MRZ data in as it allowed us to do. We're resigned to having to enter our passport info on the Personalizer when we do the Check In, so Princess do have the necessary data, but scanning the passport MRZ image into OR was a bit too much for us. It certainly did not demand the info, and we have to check in at the port anyway to pick up our Medallions, so we'll see this Saturday whether it affects the boarding. I doubt it will.

7 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I'm with you on that one. I did our OR setup a few weeks ago for our trip on the Royal next week, and purposely did not scan the passport MRZ data in as it allowed us to do. We're resigned to having to enter our passport info on the Personalizer when we do the Check In, so Princess do have the necessary data, but scanning the passport MRZ image into OR was a bit too much for us. It certainly did not demand the info, and we have to check in at the port anyway to pick up our Medallions, so we'll see this Saturday whether it affects the boarding. I doubt it will.

No big deal;  you still have to show passport to port security

1 hour ago, Denali2003 said:

Using the Ocean App, the passport is scanned BY your phone into the Ocean system. It is not retained on your phone (not saved in your photos). No different from Princess scanning your passport into the Ocean system, or you entering the information into the Princess (your princess account) or Ocean system.

I keep a copy of my passport scanned on my phone, just in case I loose the passport. You can show that to the Embassy/Consulate office to get a new one, or to Immigration/Passport Control to help get back into the USA.The only sensitive data is your birthday. If you are worried about that, cover the birthday before saving it to your phone.