Whisper Cape Town to Greenwich - a segmenters view

Silver Spectre

Nice photos Silver Spectre.

Internet isn't much better on the Wind. Funnily I notice on the interactive TV yesterday morning at about 7am a message in the corner saying "limited connectivity due to usage" or words to that effect. I doubt too many were online at that time.

Fortunately most of the ports on this voyage I get free roaming access, which should mean on those days I'll have good internet. We'll see. We arrive in Road Town today after 2 full sea days.

I remember well when they were testing new providers. Almost exactly 2 years ago on a similar itinerary on the Wind, the internet was fantastic... I even managed to stream video (albeit briefly). It only happened on my voyage. I think it was Spins on the next (TA) who then had terrible access which was quite sad as my comments probably built up expectations that weren't delivered.

Anyway... It is what it is. Hopefully it'll improve one day!

5 hours ago, les37b said:

Nice photos Silver Spectre.

Internet isn't much better on the Wind. Funnily I notice on the interactive TV yesterday morning at about 7am a message in the corner saying "limited connectivity due to usage" or words to that effect. I doubt too many were online at that time.

Fortunately most of the ports on this voyage I get free roaming access, which should mean on those days I'll have good internet. We'll see. We arrive in Road Town today after 2 full sea days.

I remember well when they were testing new providers. Almost exactly 2 years ago on a similar itinerary on the Wind, the internet was fantastic... I even managed to stream video (albeit briefly). It only happened on my voyage. I think it was Spins on the next (TA) who then had terrible access which was quite sad as my comments probably built up expectations that weren't delivered.

Anyway... It is what it is. Hopefully it'll improve one day!

Cheers Les. The internet on the Muse in October last year was way better, video streaming and swift FB uploads, but of course CC was being upgraded at the time.

Hope all is going well and you are enjoying 738.

We jointly won Trivia today for the second day out of 3, hope yours continues to be good.

The Mayday was in Portuguese and came from a vessel about 50 - 60 nautical miles north east of Sao Tome, at 10:00am we were told we would be at the scene of the incident at about 1:00 pm. The Portuguese warship Zaire is also heading there, but we don’t know how far away. We await further news.

• Like 1

Current position:

2 56 0 N  3 19 20 E

just sailing into the Gulf of Guinea and the outside temperature 33.6c

There was an early show last night by the Voices, ‘Voce dell Operetta’, supposedly BRAND NEW! Based on the extremely full main bar it was not very popular. There was also ‘Name that Tune’ at 9:45. 3 people showed up, so points for all and the girls and the Polish Orchestra had an early night. The ship was pretty dead by 10:30.

Off the daytime activities Mark Elovitz’s series of lectures are proving very popular.

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Like 1