Whisper Cape Town to Greenwich - a segmenters view

Silver Spectre

On 4/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, Silver Spectre said:

We have just been released from the search pattern by the Portuguese Navy and are now heading to Takoradi, Ghana on Saturday. No news yet on what happened with the rescue effort.

Just catching up with your excellent posts, pictures, details, etc.  Sorry with the loss of life from the sea incident.  Glad your ship was able to be of some help with those rescue efforts.  Nice visuals of good food, Africa sights, etc.  Keep up the great sharing!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

For latest live/blog, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

6 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Having backtracked along the coast last night, with every outside window covered, no access to outside decks...

Tonight when we leave we have another night of blackout.

Thank you for your daily reporting Mr. Silver.  I have just be informed that we’ll never be doing a cruise in this part of the world, so I can get that idea out of my head right now.  Seems that sailing in the dead of night without any lights to avoid pirates has captured someone’s attention in my household.

• Haha 2

We crossed the Meridian for the third and last time after we left Tema last night and are now in the Western Hemisphere heading along the coast of Cote D’Ivoire.

The multi talented guitarist Declan Zapala got off in Tema and has been replaced by an old SS favourite, Pete Neighbour.

We avoided the pirates and blackout restrictions are lifted.

• Like 1

Thanks for your continued delightful Whisper segmenter's reports Mr. Silver along with sharing your teriffic photos (am sweating looking at those (Ghanaian chilies).

Edited by WesW
  • Like 1

Interesting, we just made a course change from 303 NW to 343 NNW and appear to be heading towards Monrovia. Now back to 319, but nothing to see on the ocean.

Correction, there is a large target off our starboard side. 

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Like 1

The Bijagos Archipelago, part of Guinea-Bissau, should be on the itinerary of any serious expedition cruise, so not for the Whisper but I think the Cloud sailed by as well.

Edited by Fletcher

21 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

The Bijagos Archipelago, part of Guinea-Bissau, should be on the itinerary of any serious expedition cruise, so not for the Whisper but I think the Cloud sailed by as well.

I believe you are correct.