Whisper Cape Town to Greenwich - a segmenters view

Silver Spectre

4 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

This function took place in the Fort D'estres which was built around 70 years after the slave trade ended from Goree Island. It wasn't held in the Slave House which is a couple of hundred metres away or in any other slave place.

Thanks very much for the clarification.  This makes sense.  In fact, I do recall another large old building close to the Slave House.  However, I did not visit it.

Running quite close to the coast of Western Sahara this afternoon. Trivia continues to be very well supported but challenging, have been second for a number of days. Cinco de Mayo lunch on the grill (but using German sausages) and a Cinco de Mayo meal in La Terrazza tonight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Cinco de Mayo lunch on the grill (but using German sausages)...

That’s beyond odd.  Do you know if SS has added any new Mexican beers on board?  For example, Corona Premier has been available in the market for over a year now (it’s a Michelob Ultra killer) and Modelo Especial has been the hottest Mexican brew for over 5-years now and neither one were available in February when we were on the Shadow.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

That’s beyond odd.  Do you know if SS has added any new Mexican beers on board?  For example, Corona Premier has been available in the market for over a year now (it’s a Michelob Ultra killer) and Modelo Especial has been the hottest Mexican brew for over 5-years now and neither one were available in February when we were on the Shadow.

Not sure, but I admit to being a Hoegaarden drinker!

1 hour ago, Silver Spectre said:

Not sure, but I admit to being a Hoegaarden drinker!

That’s a really good brew too!

1 hour ago, Silver Spectre said:

At 23:45 tonight there were 4 guests and 2 Ghosts left awake, this ship is not only dead, it is moribund.

I’ll be ready to stay up late with you come Nov 2020. 😉 Just keep the scotch flowing.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2019 at 4:42 AM, Silver Spectre said:

Whispering through the Tropic of Cancer.

Tropic of Cancer was likely one of the most frequently censored books in the history of American literature,  described as  a lascivious romp involving Miller's expatriate exploits among the world of writers and artists in early 1930s Paris...are you having that same experience Mr. Silver?

14 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

At 23:45 tonight there were 4 guests and 2 Ghosts left awake, this ship is not only dead, it is moribund.

And then I read further down the posts and saw this one above...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Gorgeous local fresh sole that came on in Dakar and grilled by Ratko the next day.

This is when I seek out Abhay of La Dame and ask him to prepare and debone the fish tableside for me.  🙂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Tropic of Cancer was likely one of the most frequently censored books in the history of American literature,  described as  a lascivious romp involving Miller's expatriate exploits among the world of writers and artists in early 1930s Paris...are you having that same experience Mr. Silver?

And then I read further down the posts and saw this one above...

If only!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today we have been un-bunkering, announced as bunkering this morning I asked the Staff Captain why bunker again so soon after Dakar and he explained we are expelling sludge!

Edited by Silver Spectre
Duplicate due to extremely slow internet