Whisper Cape Town to Greenwich - a segmenters view

Silver Spectre

SS - the London port is definitely Greenwich isnt it?

I cant find it showing up in the Greenwich Schedule - even though the next voyage is showing as starting from Greenwich. Further confusion on seeing this....

I was planning on visiting the Cloud on the 4th of June but just been told not possible - so have belatedly asked if I can lunch on the Whisper on the 19th in Greenwich. Bit confused now!

I expect my application is far too late - but definitely now more than curious - and wont be going if it is Tilbury!

Edited by les37b

Thank you so much for bringing us along on your cruise.  As explained in another thread I’m in a bit of a cruising drought so cruising vicariously through this and a couple of other ongoing cruise threads.

Edited by Randyk47
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, les37b said:

I cant find it showing up in the Greenwich Schedule - even though the next voyage is showing as starting from Greenwich. Further confusion on seeing this....

I was planning on visiting the Cloud on the 4th of June but just been told not possible - so have belatedly asked if I can lunch on the Whisper on the 19th in Greenwich. Bit confused now!

I expect my application is far too late - but definitely now more than curious - and wont be going if it is Tilbury!

As far as we know it's definitely Greenwich. Not sure what time we dock yet but why not come onboard on the 18th. I see what you mean about the confusion.

Edited by Silver Spectre

3 hours ago, les37b said:

Les, we are due to dock at 13:00 on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Interesting. I wonder why.  Is this perhaps the Cloud’s first visit to London since the conversion to ice class ‘17?

No, as the others have said (I did a walkthrough for it when I went on I’m sure too.

it is however the first time since RCL.... 

SS I was hoping to go on for lunch on the 19th as it’s the full day and Sunday works best for us.... would have been good to have got on for the 18th... it’s our wedding anniversary.... but don’t think that’s an option. I doubt we will get on for the 18th either. All a bit of an afterthought as June the 4th on the Cloud was refused. Had I fallen in it was the end of the would tour plus the date, I’m sure we’d have applied sooner.

Sounds like you may get a drone visit on the port side just before Dartford Bridge!

Edited by les37b
  • Haha 1

A brief stop at Le Verdon-sur-Mer to allow tours off and probably for a rising tide to take us up the Garonne to Bordeaux.

More poor behaviour, one of the recent arrivals has just sat down in the Panorama and proceeded to put her feet on a chair. No class!

Slightly scary moment when the Captain failed to get us away from the dock and then with the tug at the rear end holding us against a 35 knot wind, inched us out into the river at the second attempt.

Should have attached a photo, but it will have wait until some real internet is reached.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 1:41 PM, Silver Spectre said:

Even worse, people in the Panorama  at 10:30 without jackets. SS is selling it's soul!

According to Norman & Oliver, jackets are not required in Panorama.

Edited by DCCruiser57