Taxi Cost to Jaime's

pirate4me2

Hello all!

I am in the process of getting things squared away for our family trip next week, and one of our stops is in Costa Maya. We have decided to go to Jaime's (wanted to do Maya Chan but they were booked up) and I was wondering if anyone knows the cost of a taxi for a group of 6 to get there? We have never used a taxi in Costa Maya before so I want to make sure that I have enough cash pulled out for them. Thanks in advance!

Last I saw it was $3 pp each way. So $36 RT for your group.  Plus tip.Tram from port is same price.  Need a taxi to return and Jaime can arrange/call.

When you walk out to the taxi stand double check with Captain Charlie.  He can get you a van taxi and maybe let you know if there are price breaks or recommended tip.  He'll also tell the driver exactly where to go so you don't wind up somewhere else.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Last I saw it was $3 pp each way. So $36 RT for your group.  Plus tip.Tram from port is same price.  Need a taxi to return and Jaime can arrange/call.

When you walk out to the taxi stand double check with Captain Charlie.  He can get you a van taxi and maybe let you know if there are price breaks or recommended tip.  He'll also tell the driver exactly where to go so you don't wind up somewhere else.

Awesome, thanks so much for the tip on Captain Charlie and the info on taxi cost!

5 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Awesome, thanks so much for the tip on Captain Charlie and the info on taxi cost!

DW is on your cruise and heading for Jaime's.  I can get her cabin number and post it in your roll call if you want to connect.

8 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

DW is on your cruise and heading for Jaime's.  I can get her cabin number and post it in your roll call if you want to connect.

That would be awesome! We are on deck 12, I will have to check our exact cabin numbers, but that would be fantastic.

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Crew, just FYI I have asked for Captain Charlie three times since you recommended him snd get met with blank looks!

Are you sure he exists?

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Crew, just FYI I have asked for Captain Charlie three times since you recommended him snd get met with blank looks!

Are you sure he exists?

Only going by what Steve Uhl said in his blog last Summer.  The guy's name is Carlos Bernal, Captain Charlie  to Steve.  So maybe he's gone or doesn't recognize the nickname.

I'll email Steve to check.

We were originally booked in spa interior cabins on deck 11, but I upgraded us to spa balconies on deck 12 after final payment date when I saw 2 available. Shhhh, it's a surprise to the family, they don't know they have a balcony! :) I can't wait to see their faces when they open their cabin door and see that they have a balcony, it will be priceless. They have gone thru a really, really rough time the past few months and I know this will really make them happy.

Anyway...I will try and catch up with her onboard and say hey! I am so excited to check Jaime's out, I have heard great things on here and he has had great customer service so far when I have had questions. I sent him an email and not even 5 minutes later he had responded!

On 4/24/2019 at 12:11 AM, HBomb1013 said:

We are going to Jaime's in May and he has been wonderful to talk with to get everything set up. Please reply back when you get home and update us on your visit.

We had a decent time at Jaime’s, they really, really pushed the shots at our group and got us drunk! The guacamole was delicious, but I was disappointed that the shrimp and fish tacos were both fried. The ceviche was also great. 

Our customer service there was also not as great as I had hoped, as we never got water when we asked, only alcoholic beverages were brought out. The beach area was nice though, and the water felt great! All in all it was a good day, but I do think next time we will try somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Pirate....were you at Blue Reef, with swinging bar stools or at the new Beach Camp up by Blue Kay?  Can't tell by the few pictures DW posted on instagram.

And was taxi fare still $3 pp?

Thanks,

Taxi is $8 per taxi now.

(Crew, I asked you some questions about Blue Kay on the Tropicante thread.)

it would appear Nacho’s website doesn't work anymore.

Edited by c-leg5

On 4/29/2019 at 9:59 AM, crewsweeper said:

Pirate....were you at Blue Reef, with swinging bar stools or at the new Beach Camp up by Blue Kay?  Can't tell by the few pictures DW posted on instagram.

And was taxi fare still $3 pp?

Thanks,

We were at Blue Reef. 

18 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

We were at Blue Reef. 

Thanks.  She was too. And told me about the wheelbarrow guy.:classic_biggrin:  Plus said they did try to push the alcohol.  And also that Jaime wasn't there.  But had no issues with the waiter asking for more tips.

I'm emailing Jaime to let him know that the staff's behavior while he was away was unacceptable.

Hi, I was at Jaime's during spring break.  First time there.  We would definitely return.  The staff was consistently coming by and also would wait at the back for a hand wave so I don't know if I just had an awesome waiter or the other posters was inconsistent with service.  We were able to walk up without res, grab chairs in the shade, and order a la carte.  They did offer the AI but we're not drinkers so it didn't financially make sense for us.  I did have pesos but everything was in US dollars and no problem there.  

Massages were $20/30 min and $30/60 min.  My hubby and I both took advantage of this!

The only comment I'll make is that the loungers could use a little updating.  The front row loungers looked nicer than ours in the shade, in hindsight I should have just asked them to be swapped out.

Sargassum wasn't an issue when we arrived in the morning.  By the time we left there was a little there probably about a 3 inch trail down the beach.  I did see the guy on the far left of property (not near the chairs) if looking at water shoveling it up.  Man what a job!

Service - 5 stars.  Food - 4 stars (personally I didn't like the fish tacos but everything else was delicious).  View and beach - 5 stars.  Massages - 4 stars.  Overall, I'd recommend this place without hesitation. 

Taxi was $8 flat each way.  IDK how to post pics or I would.  Happy to email them.

11 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Thanks.  She was too. And told me about the wheelbarrow guy.:classic_biggrin:  Plus said they did try to push the alcohol.  And also that Jaime wasn't there.  But had no issues with the waiter asking for more tips.

I'm emailing Jaime to let him know that the staff's behavior while he was away was unacceptable.

Thanks Crew. Wheelbarrow guy was HILARIOUS, oh my!