Breeze Review March 29 - April 6

Haagendawgs

I could have written the same thing.  We did the same itinerary March 9th and loved it.   Awesome review! 

Kids Club - my kids are 10 & 14 and both really disliked the kids club. They had more fun running around with each other and a few other kids here and there.  When we sailed with Carnival 6 years ago, it was a different story, they both loved kids club.  Guess it's definitely geared more towards younger kiddos. 

Where in the world did the prime rib come from? I love me a good fatty steak, but that was some other level. 

Donkey will always be our favorite CD ever.  He just finished up his contract on the Breeze this past weekend.  No word yet on what ship he'll be joining.  

Good review! We are going on the breeze in a few weeks. So far our 3 year old hasn’t been fond of the kids club but we are HOPING that will change this cruise. What we wouldn’t give for one peaceful dinner with just the two of us!

I do think young children who go to daycare adapt a little quicker to camp ocean.  I had one granddaughter who had never been and didn't even like Disney's kids club and 1 grandson who goes to daycare and never complained.

16 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

Yeah I'm going on the Breeze in a few weeks and I was disappointed to hear Donkey is getting off before that. He's been my CD (purely by chance) on my last two cruises 

Schwartz is the normal CD on Breeze. While I like Donkey and have been on several cruises with him, he doesn’t compare to Schwartz in my opinion. 

34 minutes ago, Haagendawgs said:

I wonder if any of the CD's are really the best or we are each nostalgic and biased for the first CD we found that made an impression. 

I think who is someone’s favorite CD is very subjective.  For me, I definitely don’t fall into the nostalgic category. In my opinion there are a lot of good CDs out there, but three stand out to me: Mikey Gibson, Steven Schwartz and Ben Lambert. They are 3 CDs who I would pick a cruise to go on based on them being on the ship, similar to I would book a cruise based on Patrick Duffy being the piano bar player.   Dr E definitely gives the best safety briefings though. 

Thanks so much for your complete and honest review. We are booked for the Breeze in Oct 2019 and have 11244 booked as a cabin. We had this type of cabin on the Dream last year and it was cramped when we were all in the room, but nothing that couldn't be managed. I managed by taking my showers in the huge showers in the locker rooms of the Spa. LOL  Just another perk to having a spa room!

We also have an 11 year old that was "too cool" for camp ocean last year, but we didn't give him a sign out option. We may try that as well (thanks for the tip). I am really hopeful they would let him "move up" to the 12-14 group since we are sailing when most kids are in school.

I booked the Champagne Catamaran just this week for 10% off! We are hoping to get our friends to join us on that one, so your comment about it being sold out has me worried.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Haagendawgs said:

Thank you for reading. We simply cracked the door a minuscule amount and the whistling ceased 

I’d probably want to keep it locked tight while sleeping as our kids are 4 & 6 and the 4 year old tends to wake up and walk around at night, so I’m hoping they’ve fixed it by then! 11236 is still available so I think I’ll just book that one and hope the whistling isn’t an issue. Thanks again!