Princess Cruises to Homeport in Tahiti 2020

20 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Yay you two! Looks like lots of others got the cabins they wanted too.

Would have loved the opportunity to cruise on the Pacific there, but we have something planned for October 2020.......and those prices😨 

Yeah. Very steep. I haven't fully committed to the booking i.e paid the deposit yet.. We probably going to let the booking expire and do it later in life. 

13 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Not silly, I had no idea they existed a while ago. I think they may also be called CVP Cruise Vacation Planners or PVP Princess Vacation Planners.

They are basically travels agents that work for Princess from the office in Sydney.  When you are assigned one  they take care of your bookings........but to be honest thats all they do. I never get calls for price drops or special offers or anything.

If one leaves I get an email stating someone else will be my new cruise planner.

Its good to have an email or phone number direct rather than going through the call centres. Also your bookings show up just like booking direct with Princess on My Princess, where as when you book with a regular TA, the payment section doesnt show up, just the TA's name.

I usually book online, then email through the booking numbers to the PVP, she applies the FCD's (future cruise deposits) then if I want to refare, change categories or anything else I contact her direct.

Just call the 1300 number and ask to speak to a Cruise Planner, I am not sure of the criteria, when they asked me if I would ike one, they had noticed I had done a few Princess cruises.

Thank you for that information. We have been using a TA for a number of years but she is no longer in the business so are a bit lost and if you want to refare they will usually charge you. We are Elite with Princess and have spoken to them a few times but never been offered a Cruise Planner. Will try that next time.