B2B cruise questions

Vic11

Hi all,

We just booked a back to back cruise on Pursuit deciding to sail back to Venice and enjoy the Greek islands. The price for an inside guarantee made it a no brainer. We leave on the July 10th 2019 out of Venice and return on the July 19th 2019 out of Athens back to Venice.

Question 1 ... on the Azamara website there is the option to enter B2B details and obtain OBC. I have done so but not heard anything back. It's been about a week. Has anyone else done this? Should I call Azamara directly? Just looking to be informed by others experiences. Bonnie???

Question 2 ... does anyone know the process for B2B cruises. Do we have to depart the ship for the day? Or can we stay on? Trying to plan whether to go into Athens and what to do with luggage again. I do not expect we will be in the same stateroom.

Any other advice would be appreciated. We have never cruised Azamara before and are so looking forward to our 19 days!!!!

2 hours ago, Vic11 said:

Hi all,

We just booked a back to back cruise on Pursuit deciding to sail back to Venice and enjoy the Greek islands. The price for an inside guarantee made it a no brainer. We leave on the July 10th 2019 out of Venice and return on the July 19th 2019 out of Athens back to Venice.

Question 1 ... on the Azamara website there is the option to enter B2B details and obtain OBC. I have done so but not heard anything back. It's been about a week. Has anyone else done this? Should I call Azamara directly? Just looking to be informed by others experiences. Bonnie???

Question 2 ... does anyone know the process for B2B cruises. Do we have to depart the ship for the day? Or can we stay on? Trying to plan whether to go into Athens and what to do with luggage again. I do not expect we will be in the same stateroom.

Any other advice would be appreciated. We have never cruised Azamara before and are so looking forward to our 19 days!!!!

Do you mean June (not July) 10 and 19?

It usually doesn't take long to get the B2B OBC so you might want to resubmit.  Be sure the departure dates etc are correct on the request.  If you used a TA they should do it.

You don't  have to debark on turnaround day.  If you change rooms, ship crew will move your belongings to your new room.  Just empty your safe, put loose items and drawer contents in your luggage or bags, and leave the hanging stuff as is.  If you don't change rooms you don't have to do anything except reauthorize your onboard account after lunchtime.  There will be a meeting, you will receive a letter of invitation, the night before to distribute new keycards and explain things.

I submitted the form online for the B2B OBC a few times but nothing happened. When I spoke to Azamara directly it appeared the next day. We have never done a B2B before and looking forward to the new experience.

Edited by benjoon

8 hours ago, Vic11 said:

Thanks flying shoes!

Yes it is June not July sailings. I will resubmit!

Thanks for the info re B2B procedures. Sounds much easier than I suspected!

Keep on top of it. As you are within 90 days of your sailing you have 14 days to register it, notwithstanding there seems to have been a delay that is not down to you. Making sure will save the hassle (been there, done that!). 

Phil 

On a b2b day in Athens we took the hop-on hop-off bus that meets the ship in Piraeus, rode it to the foot of the Acropolis, had a light lunch looking up at the Parthenon, changed to the HoHo bus route that does Athens itself, and then switched to the route that goes back to Piraeus to re-board the ship.  Lovely day.

• Like 1

Hi Marinaro44,

That sounds like a great idea. I think we will plan to copy your itinerary. Seems a shame to miss Athens entirely.

I called Azamara today and they are looking into why the OBC has not been applied to either voyage. Last issue took several calls and eventually Bonnie's assist to resolve. Hope this one is easier.

Just a quick B2B question. We have a documents for our first cruise but nothing for the second one. Will have to sign forms again for things like the credit card? I know we won’t need luggage tags.

3 hours ago, benjoon said:

Just a quick B2B question. We have a documents for our first cruise but nothing for the second one. Will have to sign forms again for things like the credit card? I know we won’t need luggage tags.

You just go to guest relations sometime on embarkation day of cruise 2 with the credit card you want to use. It’s so easy! 

51 minutes ago, uktog said:

You just go to guest relations sometime on embarkation day of cruise 2 with the credit card you want to use. It’s so easy! 

Thanks. I knew someone would have a answer for me.

Sigh ...

So I called Azamara re the OBC and they said they would have it posted the day I called but it is still not there!  48 hours later.

I have to say I had such trouble getting a final statement upon paying our balance in full ( resolution required Bonnie to intervene) I fear I am in the same loop on this issue. 

I have to say the administrative aspects of dealing with Azamara have been an absolute nightmare. Sure hope the cruise product is better. I have dealt with other premier lines and NEVER had these issues. Yes, if I book Azanara again it will be through a TA.

Does anyone know which department I should ask to speak to. Any insight before I call yet again would be appreciated.  

We have spent a fair bit of hard earned dollars on this line. Not sure why everything "paperwork" related is so difficult.

Just an update ...called again. Spoke directly to the department. Found out only get OBC for the first portion as the second cruise was booked at a severely reduced fare. Ok. Should be posted to my account this morning. Fingers crossed. Thanjs again to all for your responses and ideas. Most helpful !