Eurodamn cruise director

Perkins52

14 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

I would suspect on vac; she left E-dam in early Feb

Christine did?  No.  We just got back Apr 6 from the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise and Christine Streets was our cruise director.  It was her first cruise as a cruise director.

Edited by Shmoo here

5 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Christine did?  No.  We just got back Apr 6 from the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise and Christine Streets was our cruise director.  It was her first cruise as a cruise director.

Well, then she got back to E-dam from her vac, but it's not her 1st contract as CD. She was EUDM's CD on the new year's cruise in DEC 18/JAN 19

Very nice lady, works well with the Captain and HD for the Mariner's Reception.  I got the impression that she really enjoys her job!

According to her Facebook page (Christine LaVonna) she just had her parents onboard.  This is the "Christine" we had as CD on the Eurodam in January/ February.

Edited by SilvertoGold

I was on the Eurodam February 20th to March 9th.  The cruise director was Towanna Stone - she liked to refer to herself as "Stone".  She was leaving the ship on March 9th for a 3 month vacation.  There was also an assistant called Michaela who was staying on.

That's my two bits of info.............

• 3 months later...

Christine was the CD on our March 9th Tahiti cruise and many of us were not impressed by her.  She talked about other guests in front of us and when someone complained about her, she loudly told guests "Well, the CAPTAIN is happy with what I'm doing".  She did not have the demeanor we have experienced from other CD's in the last 20 cruises.  She did go to the Prinsendam … which seemed to be quite a plum assignment for such a newbie.  I have never taken much notice of the CD on our cruises, but I have to say I would not want to cruise with Christine again.

Just now, ithaca gal said:

Christine was the CD on our March 9th Tahiti cruise and many of us were not impressed by her.  She talked about other guests in front of us and when someone complained about her, she loudly told guests "Well, the CAPTAIN is happy with what I'm doing".  She did not have the demeanor we have experienced from other CD's in the last 20 cruises.  She did go to the Prinsendam … which seemed to be quite a plum assignment for such a newbie.  I have never taken much notice of the CD on our cruises, but I have to say I would not want to cruise with Christine again.

With the move to making the position a "Cruise and Travel Director" I'm wondering if she's still there?

We very much enjoyed Christine on our March 2019 Hawaii/Tahiti cruise.  1st time we have had a CD that actually talked with the common folk and shared some of her and her family's lives.  We and our traveling companions all had a lot in common with her.  Would love to cruise with her again.  A lot of cruises, unless you go to the Show room when they are introduced,  you don't even know who the CD is.  She is a much more relaxed, down to earth person and always out and about talking with people, checking to see if all is going well, or asking what can we improve upon.

• Like 1