How difficult would it be to get an uber from the Manhattan terminal to LGA?

kh81828587

We are on a cruise with Norwegian in Nov and will be flying in on their free airfare. We plan to get there the day before the ship leaves.  We are going to stay at a hotel close to the airport that will offer shuttle service from airport to hotel. I plan to take an uber to the port, but how difficult is it to get another uber at the end of the cruise to get back to the airport? I believe we will be flying into LGA.  Is it better to use an uber or would it be better to use the ship's bus shuttle service? They charge more than an uber would cost, but if it's a lot easier, I'll just keep that. There are only 2 of us so not a big group. 

Convenience would probably be with the ship offered transfer. There is a taxi stand across the street from the terminal and that is also easy. If you use Uber be aware there can be unauthorized car services claiming to be Uber as you go across the street to locate your Uber. 

I always assume we'd be sitting waiting for a ship transfer to fill up so I'd also choose a taxi or Uber.  It will be easy to get an Uber but a little tough to locate them as there is limited space along 12th avenue and lots of vehicles trying to pick up.  Please match the license plate of the car responding.