Can someone compare the beaches for me?

sandj.1850

Can someone tell me how each beach is different?  Also, on a previous cruise a few years back, we rode a bus over the mountain to a beach that was horseshoe shaped with not a lot of amenities and was not overly populated.  Does anyone know the name of that beach ?

I have been to the Emerald beach and Honeymoon beach. I loved Honeymoon beach, because it felt like you have the beach for yourself the whole day. You first have to take taxi to the Water Island Ferries, take a ferry to Water Island and from there it's a 3 minutes ride with a van waiting for you. We did it on our own, couple of friends, and it was the best day at the beach so far.

Magens is the name of the horseshoe shaped beach.

There are 2 Honeymoon Beaches in the VI. One is on Water Island which is just off the St Thomas harbor and is accessible by ferry, and the other is on St John.

All 3 beaches have become more crowded in the last few years. It seems as though fewer people are shopping or taking island tours and are opting to go straight to a beach.

It also depends on how many ships are docked when you visit. Tue and Wed are the busiest days.

On 4/19/2019 at 8:43 PM, sandj.1850 said:

thanks,  wil check into both of those

Magen’s is the large horseshoe-shaped bay and that is one of the most touristy beaches. HB on Water Island also gets very crowded, especially with ship in Crown Bay.

For a quieter yet beautiful beach there are other options depending on the amenities you desire...