Princess ez air , I think I goofed

Bustaty

Help please.  I booked Princess Ez Air last year for cruise in July.  I chose Flexible.  Final payment is next week.  As I was looking over flights to see if there are any changes, I see I have the wrong departure date by two days. The date on form is the day of actual cruise.  I absolutely have to change.  I think I know what happened. Because my original fare has correct date, but when I went to take advantage of price drop, the date defaulted to actual cruise date.  I noticed this once and before changing I fixed it. 

Question, when I put in correct date I see fare is in total 600 dollars more.  Will I now be charged this extra for mistake?  I am in a bit of panic here, as offices are closed at Princess to find this out.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Yes, you will be responsible for the difference. Your flights are not paid in full and it was a mistake on your part instead of Princess :(. They will have you book at current rates and availability. I'm so sorry! Though, it can't hurt to call tomorrow and ask, but honestly, they will most likely make you go the rebook route. 

A few things:

1. If you booked it within your Princess Cruise Personalizer it shouldn't have allowed you to book it too late to make the ship. Reread flight arrival time

2. Are you able to keep checking to see if air fare drops between cruise final payment date (90 days out) and when flexible flight becomes fixed (45 days out)? IMHO fares generally drop on Tuesdays and bump up Thursdays 

Basically relax, you're probably fine

Edited by Ombud

There is a penalty fee if you change your flight within 45 days of departure. Before that you can change. When you are 45 days or less from the flight you booked you will face a penalty for changing. This is in addition to the difference in the cost of the flight.

Have you run a search for booking flights on your own?  You may get lucky and find a flight cheaper than the EZ Air new flight.

But otherwise, I agree with the others, that you are responsible for the fare change if you continue with EZ Air unfortunately

Yes, you will be responsible to pay the current fare for the flights that you wish to change to. Run the numbers on Princess, and compare them with the open market and see if you can have a better outcome.

I recently had a client make a similar error in reverse. They were not noticing that the Princess system is set for the departure flight as "date of arrival" and made the assumption that they needed to put in the date they wanted to fly out of their home city. As they are flying to Singapore, that is a big difference. They put in January 2nd, which had them selecting flights that leave from their home city on Dec. 31. I get an auto email each time someone books EZ Air, and as I had just booked their hotel in Singapore, and am also on this cruise, I called them to question it. As it was booked with Flexible Air, and we are a long way out, it was no problem to change it to have them departing on January 2nd, and arriving in Singapore on January 4th, as they had wanted. The fare increased a bit with the change in flights to the correct date, about $80 pp, so not as painful as yours. But had this error been noticed way in the future, they either would have been spending a few extra days in Singapore (not too bad a downside!) or probably paying a much higher fee for the new air dates.

Thank you everyone for your input here.  I will talk later to my TA but I think I will have to pay the extra.  I did rebook to make sure family is all together on same flights and it’s comforting that is okay.

i should have caught my error earlier, but I was negligent in keeping on top of this.  Was unwell for a bit of time and Cruising wasn’t my priority.  

So so after a sleepless night and beating myself up for my carelessness, putting it to rest.  It’s only money says hubby ha!  Thanks again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did a similar thing.

I had originally booked economy comfort.

When I checked the price the next day it was significantly lower so I changed.

AFTER I had already cancelled my original booking I noticed the new, lower , price was for regular economy.

When I went back to switch (this all happened within 10 minutes) my original flight was $150 more (than the original price)

I could kick myself!