Swizzle Inn

Mkripke

There are two Swizzle Inns. The original is in the Bailey's Bay area near the caves. For that location take the ferry to St. George followed by a #1,3,10 or 11 bus. If you're an NCL passenger there's a free ferry that runs from Dockyard to St. George. All others need to take the Orange Route public ferry from Dockyard to St. George.

The newer location is on South Road not far from the South Shore beaches. To get there take the #7 bus from Dockyard.

1 hour ago, Mkripke said:

thank you, we are on the Gem so the South Road one sounds easier to get to

It is easier to get to but it is not "iconic" like the original. The one on the South Road is just a restaurant with the same name. It does not have the soul of the original.

• Like 1

Be aware that on the weekend there is no ferry service from Dockyards to St. George (not sure about NCL free ferry though.)

SInce I am on RCCL arriving Saturday to get to The Swizzle Inn I have to take the Ferry to Hamilton, then one of the buses that goes to Grotto Bay, or, the bus from Dockyards to Hamilton and then the second bus.  Buses take a LOT of time.  1 hour from Dockyard to Hamilton and 40 minutes from Hanilton to Grotto Bay.

Another option is to book a taxi tour and ask that this be included as a stop.

1 hour ago, PelicanBill said:

Be aware that on the weekend there is no ferry service from Dockyards to St. George (not sure about NCL free ferry though.)

SInce I am on RCCL arriving Saturday to get to The Swizzle Inn I have to take the Ferry to Hamilton, then one of the buses that goes to Grotto Bay, or, the bus from Dockyards to Hamilton and then the second bus.  Buses take a LOT of time.  1 hour from Dockyard to Hamilton and 40 minutes from Hanilton to Grotto Bay.

Another option is to book a taxi tour and ask that this be included as a stop.

Arriving Saturday (or any other day) you can take the ferry to Hamiltion and one of the four St. George's bus routes from Hamiltion to get to the Swizzle Inn.  That would be the #1.#3, #10, or #11. That is a lot of buses! The Swizzle Inn is on all four. Swizzle Inn is before Grotto Bay coming from Hamiltion so you don't want to go that far.

Edited by Charles4515