One ticket with Economy and Premium Economy?

phabric

I had a non stop flight from FCO to YYZ on Air Canada reserved with EzAir (Princess) for Nov.

Today, I found out Air Canada cancelled this flight.  

I am now on British Airlines with one reservation number

FCO - LHR in Economy 

LHR - YYZ in Premium Economy 

With Economy, you are allowed 1 luggage

With Premium Economy, you are allowed 2 luggage

Am I allowed 1 or 2 luggage?

Will my luggage go all the way from FCO to YYZ?  Or do I have to pick up the luggage?

Do I have to go through any immigration in LHR?

There is 1 1/4 hours between flights, is that enough time between flights?

-On a one way you would get the higher allowance, so 2 bags. (BA's rules have recently changed for how this would apply across a return trip but not relevant here)

-Your bags will be transferred at LHR

-No immigration but you will have to go through security. Follow the purple signs for Flight Connections.

Yes, 75mins should be enough. but pay attention to where your inbound and outbound flights are arriving, you'll almost certainly have to take a bus or a train at some point for your connection.

3 hours ago, fbgd said:

-On a one way you would get the higher allowance, so 2 bags. (BA's rules have recently changed for how this would apply across a return trip but not relevant here)

-Your bags will be transferred at LHR

-No immigration but you will have to go through security. Follow the purple signs for Flight Connections.

Yes, 75mins should be enough. but pay attention to where your inbound and outbound flights are arriving, you'll almost certainly have to take a bus or a train at some point for your connection.

Since your flights are in November, I'd keep a close eye on Brexit and if will have any effect on your entry at LHR...  No one knows what is going to happen right now.  You may end up with Passport Control... (I hope not for everyone's sake)

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Since your flights are in November, I'd keep a close eye on Brexit and if will have any effect on your entry at LHR...  No one knows what is going to happen right now.  You may end up with Passport Control... (I hope not for everyone's sake)

I'd put the chances of immigration clearance being being put in place for international transit passengers due to Brexit at about 0.001%. That would change things hugely for carriers at LHR, such as retiming of LMCs, creation of new areas for Border Control to be put in (that would somehow have to be squeezed in amongst the current infrastructure). 

GB&NI has plenty of things to figure out with Brexit as is without adding that to the mix!

13 hours ago, slidergirl said:

10 hours ago, fbgd said:

I'd put the chances of immigration clearance being being put in place for international transit passengers due to Brexit at about 0.001%.

An estimate of a 0.001% chance of this is just you being wildly pessimistic. 😉

For all practical purposes, the chance is zero. Those connecting at Heathrow include passengers on routings such as USA-UK-UAE, whose nature (so far as immigration and customs are concerned) is completely unaffected by Brexit. If the UK had thought it appropriate to require immigration control for those on such routings, it could always have put it in place. As a matter of policy, it has never done so (at least, not in living memory). What is there in Brexit that changes that in the least? Nothing.

Indeed, why impose routine immigration control on those who are simply doing a direct airside international-to-international connection? Except at airports where there is physically no such route, it's hard to think of many examples where this is required. I only know of one country that systemically requires this as a matter of course.

59 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Indeed, why impose routine immigration control on those who are simply doing a direct airside international-to-international connection? Except at airports where there is physically no such route, it's hard to think of many examples where this is required. I only know of one country that systemically requires this as a matter of course.

In both China (PVG) and Brazil (GIG), a purely international to international connection required passing through governmental passport control.

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

What is there in Brexit that changes that in the least? Nothing

It is sometimes amusing how people outside the UK/EU sphere look at Brexit and what it means. 

After the referendum result was announced an American asked me if I was concerned about the royal family being disbanded because of Brexit. LOL

Edited by fbgd

4 hours ago, fbgd said:

It is sometimes amusing how people outside the UK/EU sphere look at Brexit and what it means. 

After the referendum result was announced an American asked me if I was concerned about the royal family being disbanded because of Brexit. LOL

Hey, I'm just one of those ignorant, stupid Americans who like to take into consideration any possible hiccups I could find on an international trip...

I was just thinking what could happen with those flights EU-GB.  Politics being politics, it could get into a tit-for-tat with travelers being the victims.   Look at the fast enacted-and fast-dissembled "Muslim ban" - overnight it started and stranded lots of travelers...  

18 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I was just thinking what could happen with those flights EU-GB.  Politics being politics, it could get into a tit-for-tat with travelers being the victims.

What sort of tit-for-tat in connection with immigration did you have in mind? Did you think that perhaps that someone starting their journey in Rome and ending their journey in London might be made to cross an immigration border when leaving Italy, necessitating them going through passport control there; and then crossing an immigration border when entering the UK, necessitating them going through passport control there? And that things might be different before and after Brexit for this scenario?

Or, to put it another way, if things will clearly be no different after Brexit for this scenario, then what reason could the UK possibly have for changing the position for those who aren't even entering the UK, but are doing a direct airside international-to-international transit?

Sorry to break your bubble, but if you have a carryon, & your changing planes (& possibly terminals) 75 minutes is cutting it close. We had to change planes at LHR with same amount of time. We were among the 1st off the plane, went into security check on the way to second flight, they were very slow. When I opened my mouth that we had connecting flights, they became even slower. I had to run to catch the second flight while they were closing the door and begged them to wait while dw was catching up. We now try to avoid LHR for connecting flights under 2 hours.