Ft Lauderdale cruise terminal to airport

15 minutes ago, shelby2002 said:

We have not yet booked transportation from the cruise terminal back to Ft Lauderdale Airport.  Are there taxi's waiting to take you to the airport or should we book the bus with Royal back to the airport.  

Many many taxis.

Taxi driver told me that it was $20 to fll airport this past feb.  Informed him that signs where he picked us. Up said there was no flat rate to airport and are metered.  He turned on meter and it was a little over $15 to airport.  Gave him a $20 for fare and tip.  So in the end, he was right about the fare.

To OP, once you exit terminal building go towards the left and there is a line of taxis waiting to take you anywhere you want to pay to go to.

2 hours ago, Young Pooh said:

Are taxis able to drop off at the car rental location at FLL or would we need to get dropped off at arrivals and catch a shuttle from there? Not used FLL before so not sure of the exact set up.

Yes, the taxis can drop you there.  There are also several rental agencies with free shuttles to/from the port with locations not far from the port:

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel
Avis/Budget/Payless at 2520 Miami Rd.
Sixt further up 17th.
Thrifty/Dollar just out Western port exit.

13 hours ago, BigHouseFootball said:

I’d take an Uber. The taxis add an automatic fare on top of the regular fare because you’re going to the airport. 

On the flip side, taxis are lined up ready and waiting.  With Uber/Lyft, while it doesn't take a terribly long time (they can wait nearby), you still have to wait for one to get there after putting in a request for a car.  Pros and cons for both.

14 minutes ago, casone said:

We have a party of 6, each traveling with a large suitcase. Any advice on the most economical and efficient way to get to FLL?  

Two taxis.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, casone said:

We have a party of 6, each traveling with a large suitcase. Any advice on the most economical and efficient way to get to FLL?  

You can take a large taxi - there are large SUV/small van type taxis. If there isn’t one in taxi line dispatcher can call.  Have done this with my family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JamesEM said:

I ran into that scam on my last cruise this past Nov., charged $20.00 flat fee to the airport, tip included..

usually, the meter costs us more than $20 before tip, so I would take $20 tip included flat fee in a heartbeat. Probably, depends on the terminals at FLL and Everglades. We usually fly on Spirit and sail on Princess.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

34 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

You can take a large taxi - there are large SUV/small van type taxis. If there isn’t one in taxi line dispatcher can call.  Have done this with my family. 

we got an SUV taxi 2 years ago at FLL, same price as a regular taxi. there were 5 of us. I'd prefer a minivan, and yes, they are available as well.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

I have to put in a vote for Jiffy Jeff Transportation.  Check them out!  We used them on our last cruise and absolutely loved them.  They have Mercedes Sprinter vans - you can do shared or private rides.  I did a lot of research on transfers prior to our last cruise.  Glad I chose them.  Just made our experience all the better.  They are based in Fort Lauderdale.  They service the Fort Lauderdale and Miami areas.  They told us they are expanding to the Orlando/Port Canaveral area in the near future.  We have also used Happy Limo, which we liked a lot too.  We've done cabs and RCCI transfers in the past.  Loved Jiffy Jeff the best!

• Thanks 1