Sunday Brunch Timing

I just realized that our upcoming cruise has a sea day on the first Sunday, so that means Sunday brunch. But we had already a class in the Culinary Arts kitchen for 10:00 the same morning. Will we be able to do both? It is our only real chance to take a cooking class, so we may have a choice to make if not.

Brunch ? We just left the Voyager a few weeks ago and while the Sunday "breakfast" had champagne and caviar...it stopped at 10 am....no brunch....ok, lunch started 2 hours later...but now brunch from 10 to 2 ….did I miss something ? 

1 hour ago, Gcto said:

Brunch ? We just left the Voyager a few weeks ago and while the Sunday "breakfast" had champagne and caviar...it stopped at 10 am....no brunch....ok, lunch started 2 hours later...but now brunch from 10 to 2 ….did I miss something ? 

We were just aboard the Explorer last month and, as far as we know, this event only happens on sea day Sundays in Compass Rose on the Explorer.  We can't remember it lasting all the way until 2 p.m. though, but we certainly could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Gcto said:

We had the Galley Brunch on the Voyager transatlantic just a couple weeks ago.  Quite lovely.

On the World Cruise we have never had something called brunch.  On every Sunday (sea day or not) we have champagne and caviar offered in Compass Rose and La Veranda.  Hours are normal breakfast hours. 8 - 9:30 in Compass Rose and something like 7 - 10 in La Veranda.

As Silver Sweethearts indicated, the "brunch" that I believe the TS is talking about is only on Explorer (on a Sunday if it is a sea day ........ it does not always happen but usually does).  Other ships do galley lunches, etc. but on Explorer, 1/3 of Compass Rose is turned into a lovely buffet lunch and it does go late (likely until 2:00 p.m.)

Edited by Travelcat2

ar

On 4/20/2019 at 2:02 AM, 1982CruzStart said:

On our last cruise on Explorer we had 2 Sunday sea days. There was no brunch on the first one only on the 2nd one.  10 to 2 sounds about right for the hours. 

It was crowded but amazing; everyone was superbly catered for - trays of Eggs Benedict, live music, fruit and crepes to die for.  And it ran from about 10-2. They were prepared to make you a decent coffee and bring you champagne.  A bit like the fancy evening deck BBQ for brunch with extra class; no bookings required.   It was well publicised in 'Passages' and on the internal TV.  There was a queue but it was well managed and quickly dispersed.  One of the many highlight of our 24 night Lisbon to Cape Town cruise.

IMG_1556.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG