MSC Bellisima - Barcelona Port

BDHPlayer

I've looked around everywhere and am trying to figure out the logistics in Barcelona.  We are arriving a day early and staying at the Arc La Ramba Hotel.  It would appear that the port entrance is an easy walk.  

Is there a problem dealing with traffic crossing streets to get to the dock?

I see from the dock map that there are terminals A, B, C, and D for the large ships.  Is it random which they use?

Where is the building that you check in your luggage and deal with the paperwork?

How early can one drop off their luggage before the cruise?

The walk may be easy - but it is long.  If you are going in the summer it will be unpleasantly hot.  I walk a lot but with suitcases I would not consider it.  Each ship uses a different terminal - it is easy to see which your ship is at.  I am not sure if the cruise lines know ahead of time.  We recognise our ship from the outside anyway.  

The taxi is not expensive around 20 euro depending on the number of bags and passengers.  There is a shuttle bus that takes you from the end of the Ramblas which costs a little less.  

I have often boarded and then seen people walking in from town.  Most look fed up with the long winding road.  With luggage it is a struggle.  

That is a looong walk! 

From Arc La Ramba Hotel I would take a cab as the easiest option.

Otherwise if you want you can drag your bags to the bottom of Las Ramblas to the big statue of Columbus on the column.  The blue port bus leaves from there and runs a regular shuttle over the big bridge to the cruise terminal. It is €3.50pp one way.

I'd take the cab!

ps: don't miss going into the Boqueria market which is very close to your hotel, on the same side of the street

I would also recommend a restaurant called Teller de Tapas which should be almost opposite. It is a chain but very good!

To the OP - when you are in your taxi or bus, remember to take note of the distance to your ship.  Remind yourself that you were considering walking it!  I promise you that you will be thankful for CC and the opportunity to ask this question.  That walk, with luggage, really is no way to start a vacation.  

• Haha 1