Price protection on obc

You should be able to call and have the credit applied to your booking.  I was able to add the on board credit to 5 cruises over the next 18 months, we were given $25.00 for 2 of them and $50.00 for the other 3.  

Good Luck!

Edited by vhorton1100
typo

You just need to make sure that the current price of the cruise fare for the cabin category you booked doesn't negate the OBC.  So if they now offer a $50 OBC but the price of the cabin is actually $75 more, you would actually lose $25.  You can't just add the OBC without adjusting the cruise fare to the current rate.

6 minutes ago, mjktg99 said:

You just need to make sure that the current price of the cruise fare for the cabin category you booked doesn't negate the OBC.  So if they now offer a $50 OBC but the price of the cabin is actually $75 more, you would actually lose $25.  You can't just add the OBC without adjusting the cruise fare to the current rate.

When I originally booked it was higher but I had the rate adjusted down a few days later and the price has remained the same since. So if I go for the obc would I lose money because when i 1st booked the rate was higher even though I've had it adjusted to match the same rate that now also has an obc?

3 hours ago, coevan said:

don't they always offer $50 OBC on all cruises?

No, they don't. Ever since they changed their future cruise policy, you now get $50 OBC if you book another one while on a cruise or for up to 2 weeks following the cruise (as opposed to the $200 OBC they used to give for booking at the future cruise desk on board). Other than that, not all rates come with OBC. Ours didn't

13 minutes ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

Will there be any issues later with this obc if the price drops later? Sorry new to all this.

When you price match, you match to the entire promotion.  So, if your cruise fare drops, but the new promotion does not have any OBC, you will lose your OBC.  On the other hand, if you do not have OBC and you match to a promotion that does, you gain OBC.

21 minutes ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

Will there be any issues later with this obc if the price drops later? Sorry new to all this.

If the price drops again, just call them and see what happens.  I've always understood it that if the price drops again, you would want it to drop more than $25 per person for it to be worth it, because your current rate would be wiped out.  But on my last cruise, I had the same setup you did, and I called because someone on one of my online groups said I wasn't understanding the price drop correctly.  The price drop was $4 something a person (so nothing major), but they just added that on to the $25 per person I already had.  

I always view the rate plus obc as one number and compare for price matching that way. So if your rate is 1000 with a 50obc - count that as 950 for comparison. If the rate you are looking at matching is 950 with 50 obc then you are comparing 950 to 900 and the new rate wins 😃 . 

13 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

No, they don't. Ever since they changed their future cruise policy, you now get $50 OBC if you book another one while on a cruise or for up to 2 weeks following the cruise (as opposed to the $200 OBC they used to give for booking at the future cruise desk on board). Other than that, not all rates come with OBC. Ours didn't

This is why we book through TA's, always get OBC and sometimes Steakhouse for 2. When I look for pricing on carnival.com, I always see OBC advertised, don't pay attention to what kind of booking, seems so confusing

3 hours ago, Athankfulheart said:

I always view the rate plus obc as one number and compare for price matching that way. So if your rate is 1000 with a 50obc - count that as 950 for comparison. If the rate you are looking at matching is 950 with 50 obc then you are comparing 950 to 900 and the new rate wins 😃 . 

You beat me to it. this is EXACTLY what I do. I will also add that if the rate you are looking at is 950 with NO obc they are essentially the same and I leave it as is...

38 minutes ago, coevan said:

This is why we book through TA's, always get OBC and sometimes Steakhouse for 2. When I look for pricing on carnival.com, I always see OBC advertised, don't pay attention to what kind of booking, seems so confusing

We almost booked with a ta that would have given 750 obc but I became leary after seeing some reviews online and opted to book with carnival directly.