Skagen question

lamb616

We are doing a tour in Skagen that ends at 2:00.  Ship departure time is scheduled for 5:00.  Assuming we get back from our tour on time, right at 2:00, would it be possible to then take a shuttle (taxi?) to Grenen to see the beach? And make it back to the ship in time?  It seems close enough to the port that we could do it and still have an hour or so to spend at the beach. Just want to make sure the shuttles/taxis are plentiful enough that we wouldn't get stuck.

There is a shuttle running the days where cruise ships in port - I believe last shuttle from Grenen is just  after 2pm

Two alternatives - rent some bicycles (15 minutes by bike) or take a taxi - its a 10 minutes drive by car - then arrange for a later pick-up for the return (can be don by  - there is no line of taxi's at Grenen so tour must be booked in advance.

Let me have the date - then I can check for shuttle - can also assist with contact to bike rental or taxi - taxi app is available. Hope it helps.

Edited by hallasm

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

There is a shuttle running the days where cruise ships in port - I believe last shuttle from Grenen is just  after 2pm

Two alternatives - rent some bicycles (15 minutes by bike) or take a taxi - its a 10 minutes drive by car - then arrange for a later pick-up for the return (can be don by  - there is no line of taxi's at Grenen so tour must be booked in advance.

Let me have the date - then I can check for shuttle - can also assist with contact to bike rental or taxi - taxi app is available. Hope it helps.

The date will be July 18.  Our tour to Voergaard ends at 2:00 so I assume that means that's when we will be returned to the port.

Bikes sound like a good option.  As long as we have 30-60 minutes or so to "see" Grenen, we will be happy.

Thanks!

Edited by lamb616

The current timetable for the shuttle bus is valid until July 3rd -I'll check later.

It will not take more than 15 minutes to Grenen Parking - then there is another 20 minutes walk to Grenen along the shore.

Should allow for sufficient time from 2pm to 4pm - well in time for departure.

I'm glad I saw this.  We will be in Skagen on July 24th.  Our main plan is to visit the art museum, as it was very highly recommended.  This will be a nice contrast to that.  Where does the shuttle pick up?

32 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

Where does the shuttle pick up?

Below the time table for the shuttle bus - only valid until June 30.

Pick up in Skagen is at Havnepladsen (The harbor - cruise ship shuttle), Railway station (Skagen St.) and the Museum.

Ticket valid In 60 minutes is DKK 22 - Can be purchased in the bus or at the railway station. Danish currency required. 

Tickets can also be bought at the web

F4730235-5F3C-4C1C-B59B-74EA14082D07.jpeg

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Pick up in Skagen is at Havnepladsen (The harbor - cruise ship shuttle), Railway station (Skagen St.) and the Museum.

Ticket valid In 60 minutes is DKK 22 - Can be purchased in the bus or at the railway station. Danish currency required. 

Danish currency required.  hmmm.

As this will be our only Danish port ( the rest are Norway) I had not planned to get any Danish currency.  I assumed the museum would take our chip/PIN credit card for admission, so I would not need any for that. Not sure the shuttle is worth the hassle of getting cash.  Can tickets be purchased online prior?

10 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Sorry - you did reply while I were adding a link to web purchase - there is also a new app - Link to page in Danish Language

Then you should not need Danish Currency - highly recommend to bring a Credit Card with chip and pin

I just downloaded the app.  There is an English version and it knows that is what I need.

However, just as a test I tried to purchase a ticket on May 10 (random date) from Skagens St. to Grenen and it says "no Trip found"

It might be too early to purchase.

10 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

However, just as a test I tried to purchase a ticket on May 10 (random date) from Skagens St. to Grenen and it says "no Trip found"

I just tried May 10 at 10am and it worked - maybe your spelling or a different time  - just type ‘skag’ and select from the list - you do not need to specify ‘to location’ - you can also just select 2 zones. 2 pax is DKK 44.

A9CB93FA-E579-4543-AA97-6921E67521EE.jpeg

4 hours ago, hallasm said:

I just tried May 10 at 10am and it worked - maybe your spelling or a different time  - just type ‘skag’ and select from the list - you do not need to specify ‘to location’ - you can also just select 2 zones. 2 pax is DKK 44.

A9CB93FA-E579-4543-AA97-6921E67521EE.jpeg

If I try two zones it will work.  Not sure why if I choose Grenen it does not.  

Thank you so much.  You have been very helpful.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 6:43 AM, hallasm said:

Tickets can also be bought at the web

I have not been able to find this time table online

As mentioned earlier we will be in Skagen July 24 and I would like to know what time is the last shuttle to Grenen (and back)  We should have plenty of time, but would like to be able to plan.

4 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Here is the link to time table - Click ob info to get the actual time table - still the one valid until June 28

Only certain parts of the website are in English, so pointing me to this link is very helpful. 

Thank you, once again.

8 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

Only certain parts of the website are in English

Yes, very informative.

Here is a link to a travel planner - I checked at it looks like information is available for July 24.

Tickets can only be purchased 28 days in advance - if using app buy the actual day.

Skærmbillede 2019-05-15 kl. 19.39.47.png

Edited by hallasm

1 hour ago, hallasm said:

Yes, very informative.

Here is a link to a travel planner - I checked at it looks like information is available for July 24.

Skærmbillede 2019-05-15 kl. 19.39.47.png

With this I was able to create my own time table for July 24.  No need to wait for the NT website to update for my desired date.  The timetable will be handy as I do not know when I will be done at the museum and now I can see my options very quickly versus loading up the NT app on my phone.

• 5 months later...
On 4/23/2019 at 8:16 AM, KS&JW said:

I just downloaded the app.  There is an English version and it knows that is what I need.

It might be too early to purchase.

What is the name of the app you refer to for bus travel from Skagen to Grenen?

Thanks

52 minutes ago, hollydog said:

What is the name of the app you refer to for bus travel from Skagen to Grenen?

Thanks

It has been a while, so I my memory is not fresh.  However, I believe the app was "NT tickets"  or "NT billet"