Seattle hotel with EARLY CHECK-IN

newcruzer2

Our flight arrives at 11am and I was hoping to CHECK-IN so that we could drop off luggage. Does anyone know of a hotel that always CHECK-IN as early as noon?? Would prefer one that the early check-in is pay for ... Just so that I don't have to worry, they will change their mind. 

thanks for any suggestions, even a hotel with bellhop who will hold bag. Thanks again

Most decent size hotels will hold on to bags of guests who arrive earlier than check-in time.  I can't imagine that that would be a problem. 

Hotel occupancy during summer in Seattle is quite high (and rather expensive).  There are hotels closer to the airport (you might look at the Cedarbrook Lodge) as an option.  If you want a younger hip area, look at lodging in the Ballard area and use public transportation into Seattle proper.

Let us know how your search goes.

Will you be embarking form Pier 66 (NCL) or Pier 91 (basically all the other cruise lines)?

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
added question

Like Ferry Watcher said-- most will at least take your bags early and a 5 star hotel will also let you have access to their spa to change and freshen up if a room isnt available yet. 

If you need a room early-- often times elite tiers of loyalty programs will allow you an early check in as part of benefits-- worth checking if you have that as part of your perks. American Express Platinum and Centurion cardholders also get early check in and late check out (with a few exceptions) when booking a hotel part of their Fine Hotels & Resorts program. 

Outside of these a lot of mid-tier hotels will ask you to book a hotel room for the night before arrival to guarantee that it will be available when you check in early the next day. 

Cruising out of Vancouver?

If you don't know already, try to get a window on the west side of the train, that way you can look out on to Puget Sound for most of your journey.  You may want to arrive early and get in line for your seat assignment.  The Amtrak station (King St) is in/near the Pioneer Square area close to our two sport stadiums.  Maybe you can see the Mariners play and cross it off your stadium bucket list.   ;  )

Early checkin is always a facet of room availability. Few, if any, hotels will keep a revenue generating room off the market last night just so you can check in early today. Maids start by 9am in most cases, but can only clean rooms after customers have checked out.

However, virtually every hotel will take and hold bags for a checking in or departing guest. Have used this feature is dozens of hotels.

14 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

Any thought about either grand Hyatt or Hyatt regency

Theyre both well located. The Fairmont Olympic has always been a favorite in that 4.5 star range-- it has a lot of character, rooms are decent size, and location is equally as good as both Hyatts. It used to be a Four Seasons a while ago (now managed by Fairmont) but still has that grand hotel feel without the FS prices. 

The Edgewater is another favorite-- its built out on a pier. From what I remember its a little more expensive than the Fairmont or Hyatts will be. 

2 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Theyre both well located. The Fairmont Olympic has always been a favorite in that 4.5 star range-- it has a lot of character, rooms are decent size, and location is equally as good as both Hyatts. It used to be a Four Seasons a while ago (now managed by Fairmont) but still has that grand hotel feel without the FS prices. 

The Edgewater is another favorite-- its built out on a pier. From what I remember its a little more expensive than the Fairmont or Hyatts will be. 

Ty for the feedback 🙂

2 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

Seat assignment? This will be our 1st train ride. I assumed u just got on and sat where ever. Amtrak website doesn't have much info. 

If the waterside seating doesn't initially work out, there is table seating at one end of the snack car that you can move to (usually after the conductor checks tickets after leaving Seattle).

On 4/17/2019 at 2:11 PM, princeton123211 said:

booked the Fairmont... Ty 

3 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

booked the Fairmont... Ty 

I remember years ago my husband and I were going up the escalator at the Fairmont (then called the Olympic Hotel), and saw David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) coming down the other escalator.