Travel to Cuba coming to an end?

arasg

Yes, but, It is easy for RCI to eliminate Nassau and insert Havana with no other itinerary changes. If you cancel now, that window is probably closed to you. That is why I'm keeping my booking and my fingers crossed for now.

14 minutes ago, Houndfish said:

Yes, but, It is easy for RCI to eliminate Nassau and insert Havana with no other itinerary changes. If you cancel now, that window is probably closed to you. That is why I'm keeping my booking and my fingers crossed for now.

Our itinerary on Oceania was 11-nights -- with 2-day stays in Havana, Cienfuegos and Santiago.  So 6 days in Cuba -- and  don't see them being able to suddenly reinstate that once it's pulled.   So much planning with private tours and research -- at least if they go back I already have all the information  LOL

I went to Havana last year as an exploratory trip. Booked my next cruise there as soon as I got home. Since Nov 18 I have been researching like crazy for our next trip. 

If it doesn't open up soon, prob fly and stay in Vedado and utilize my research

• Like 1

Thanks for the MSC info.  They are still up in the air on itineraries and offering a $400 OBC to go or no fee changes to another MSC cruise.  We are planning to cancel as we have not made final payment.

I wish i had a chance to cancel with MSC. I feel like they should have allowed this for those with an imminent departure (like this month!) . It's too late for us to find availability on their other ships and we are flying all the way from New Zealand so we have to go to Miami anyway with what we have spent on flights. We are doing the two week back to back and now it's almost the same cruise both weeks. I hope we get $800 OBC since it's back to back

9 hours ago, abbeytravelstheworld said:

I wish i had a chance to cancel with MSC. I feel like they should have allowed this for those with an imminent departure (like this month!) . It's too late for us to find availability on their other ships and we are flying all the way from New Zealand so we have to go to Miami anyway with what we have spent on flights. We are doing the two week back to back and now it's almost the same cruise both weeks. I hope we get $800 OBC since it's back to back

We did a back to back on another line once and they were considered two different reservations with all the amenities included on each one.  Most things were one per stateroom, but we still got them on each leg of the cruise.  Of course, from what I've read about MSC, I'm not sure how they will play this one. 

18 hours ago, ZandZ said:

Maybe things will change - until that time this is what has to be done....  😞

your information is so wrong. Land trips where you fly in and explore Cuba under "support for the Cuban people" have not changed at all and in fact is a much better way to see the culture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kathy49 said:

your information is so wrong. Land trips where you fly in and explore Cuba under "support for the Cuban people" have not changed at all and in fact is a much better way to see the culture.

did you read everything I said?  cause thats what i said, pretty much.  lol. 

16 hours ago, Houndfish said:

We have seen how quickly DC can change course.

I can assure you this administration wont change course on this for the next two years. Its a petty personal vendetta against the previous one as well as pandering to meaningless local south Florida politics. You'll be waiting for a bit. 

• Like 7