Trump Admin limits Cuba travel

beacha

1 minute ago, cloudninecat said:

Ours is scheduled for 2020 to. John Heald said they were still evaluating the statement and would let any of those affected know. It sounds like they don't know what it means yet either. I was afraid this would happen. 

Me too.

I just read the press release and am not reading what you are saying. Bolton said they are restricting the amount of money Cuban Americans can send back to their family in Cuba. It does also state "some restrictions" on U.S. travelers, but nothing specific

We have had a Cuba trip planned for this November for some time now. So, this really is not good news....disappointed  I am relieved that our cruise is at least 6 months out.  So, there should be sufficient time to make changes as needed.  However, I am hopeful that a "grace period" will be allowed for those who have cruised booked that sail within the next 6 months.

37 minutes ago, Arabia said:

We have had a Cuba trip planned for this November for some time now. So, this really is not good news....disappointed  I am relieved that our cruise is at least 6 months out.  So, there should be sufficient time to make changes as needed.  However, I am hopeful that a "grace period" will be allowed for those who have cruises booked that sail within the next 6 months.

"could signal end of cruises." said some high official spoken with anonymity. ---ok then. fantastic journalism.

A  bummer for sure. looks like the US is going to put the squeeze on Cuba's economy for supposedly helping Venezuela. Just noticed two tour companies, both in high regard on trip advisor, just closed up shop in Cuba on monday before this announcement. Doesnt look good for our cruise there is in December.

Although this could signal the end of Cuba cruises, let’s not panic and let’s wait instead until more concrete information becomes available. Let’s not forget the last time this administration tightened travel restrictions to Cuba. We all believed that Cuba cruises would end then and they didn’t. Just some paperwork technicalities and a more comprehensive list of establishments and business that American travelers couldn’t spend money on.

The preliminary information that I’m reading is that the list will become longer in order to add even more businesses and establishments that are linked to the Cuban regime. Hopefully this is as far as the new policies will go. Truly hope so for those of you who have upcoming cruises to Cuba and for the Cuban civilians who have tremendously benefited from the boom in tourism that cruising has created for them. It’s truly one of the most fascinating destinations I’ve ever visited in the Caribbean. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1