Upgrade...NOT

jayman31

received email today saying I qualified to upgrade my cabin for an extra $18 to a higher deck...checked the pricing to book new today, and I can book the same deck as mentioned in the upgrade for only $8 more...my cruise is not until Jan 2020 so figure they must have some group wanting a bunch of cabins together to be offering this so far out from the sail date.  I did not jump at the offer lol

Today was our first upgrade offer either...I was excited. The same balcony room, just a deck higher and closest to the elevator....nope. I was disappointed as I've heard some many good upgrade stories. Oh well, maybe next time. I'd rather them run "specials" where you can get extra OBC or other perks by paying a minimal upgrade charge or something.

52 minutes ago, Victory! said:

I just had the same thing happened today! I didn’t know what to do so I ran to CC for advice.  This is only my second cruise and I’m totally confused. 

Always check out the deck plans as a lot of those so called upgrades are really just trying to pass off a bad location, obstructed view, weird room design or like others here are getting, really aren't a bargain. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cloudninecat said:

Always check out the deck plans as a lot of those so called upgrades are really just trying to pass off a bad location, obstructed view, weird room design or like others here are getting, really aren't a bargain. 

Agreed. Some upgrades aren't really upgrades at all. IMHO

• Like 1