how to remove a linked booking

cruzn buckeye

I linked my friends booking to mine for dining purposes only.  I am not handling her booking.  I received an upgrade offer when i logged in on both cabins.  I called my friend because we were all wanting to stay on the same deck.  She checked her page, and found the upgrade and upgraded her cabin.  She also asked them to upgrade mine also sinc we both had the offer.  In the meantime, my offer disappeared from my page.  After several calls to carnival, i was told the offer was from March.  I assured them the offer has appeared several times allowing me to click on and accept. Which i didnt.  I still have to wait for a new offer because it is computer generated. I have no problem with that.

Today, the red ribbon at the top of the page with the upgrade offer i back.  I click on view details. It says it is no longer available.  I am thinking that maybe because my friend accepted her offer, which is fine, that is holding me up from being able to accept mine.  The lady at CCL asked me how many bookings i had.  I told her that the second one showing on my page is only linked for dining, that i have nothing to do with that booking.

So, what it gets down to is this.  Does anyone know how to remove that link for her booking to mine, without them or myself accidentally canceling out her booking.  Theres four people in that cabin.  I don't want to mess it up.  I do want to remove her cabin from my bookings though.  Any thoughts??

There's no way for passengers to link bookings just for dining purposes online. That has to be done through Carnival. Clicking on the "Manage another booking" link on your account does just what you've experienced. It allows you to manage multiple bookings at once, not link them for dining. I don't know if you can reach any special departments. Just call a regular CSR and tell them what you want, emphasizing that you want to make sure neither are accidentally cancelled.

• 2 weeks later...

ive tried thi

On 4/17/2019 at 11:12 PM, Organized Chaos said:

There's no way for passengers to link bookings just for dining purposes online. That has to be done through Carnival. Clicking on the "Manage another booking" link on your account does just what you've experienced. It allows you to manage multiple bookings at once, not link them for dining. I don't know if you can reach any special departments. Just call a regular CSR and tell them what you want, emphasizing that you want to make sure neither are accidentally cancelled.

i tried this and they told me they cannot remove the link of the other cabin from my booking.  They said they can remove my link from their booking which makes no sense. And also hasnt been done.  The other thing is when i log on their booking is listed as stateroom booking number 1.  I think because of this link, and the fact that they took an upgrade, which is fine,  i will not get an upgrade offer.  Also, I told them we linked only for dining purposes. So their shouldnt be an issue with removing their link to my cabin.  So does this mean we are not linked for dining?  thanks for the replies

Edited by cruzn buckeye

4 hours ago, cruzn buckeye said:

ive tried thi

i tried this and they told me they cannot remove the link of the other cabin from my booking.  They said they can remove my link from their booking which makes no sense. And also hasnt been done.  The other thing is when i log on their booking is listed as stateroom booking number 1.  I think because of this link, and the fact that they took an upgrade, which is fine,  i will not get an upgrade offer.  Also, I told them we linked only for dining purposes. So their shouldnt be an issue with removing their link to my cabin.  So does this mean we are not linked for dining?  thanks for the replies

The thing about Carnival CSR is, you can talk to three different reps. and get three different answers. Been there, done that. This is one of those times when a PVP would be better to have. CC users aren't allowed to give out PVP info., so you'd have to call Carnival and request one. How good they'll be for you is a roll of the dice. I don't know if a PVP can remove that other booking from your account, but they're less likely to give you the run-around than regular CSR. You can request one and see how it goes.

When Carnival recently updated their website format, I was playing around with it and could've swore I got to a page that showed our two cabins on our next cruise being linked for dining, but I've looked again and don't see it anywhere. The only other way to find out for sure is to call and confirm.

On 4/17/2019 at 10:12 PM, Organized Chaos said:

There's no way for passengers to link bookings just for dining purposes online. .

We had linked dining with some friends on our cruise last October ...?  We ended up in a dining room other than we normally would have been.