Live! Grandeur 4.18- 4.25.19 - Same Old Ship, Different Day

The top tier party was sparsely attended, likely due to the weather. 

The makeup for this cruise is 

600+ Gold

155 Platinum

104 Emerald  

106 D

55 D+

17 Pinnacles

The top three cruisers had 825, 974, and 1050 points

DD9EA56E-ECB8-4E16-8EFA-64300C39950B.jpeg

5 minutes ago, watson61 said:

Thank you for this live review.  I'm on Grandeur (first time!) April 25 and can't wait!   I am a bit nervous about your rough seas comments.  One of those little bags may have my name on it, I'm afraid.

My wife brings Bonine tablets and wear the sea bands - they seem to work for her. You might want to give them a try.

18 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

My wife brings Bonine tablets and wear the sea bands - they seem to work for her. You might want to give them a try.

Hi Gary!  Bucky gets a type of sea sickness when it is rough also.  Not stomach, but inner ear.  He turns into a zombie!  😵  Me ...I seem to do OK.  

Interesting following along on this thread, since we have not been on Grandeur yet.  Looking forward to our first time next year.  🙂 

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

On my cruise, I saw this (probably) helicopter do a fly by as we were getting ready to leave.  As it flew by, it turned on its siren.  Which lead me to ask the question....Why does a Helicopter need a siren?!?!?!

Edited by Rogueperson
mispelling
  • Haha 2

FYI, since this has come up before, they have replaced some beds on GR.  We were in JS 8564 last cruise and had a new higher bed.  No more metal bars or low to the ground.  Our beds were on 4 legs and sat a good 6" higher than the old ones.  We were able to get large suitcases under it.  Someone in an interior on a lower deck still had the old beds.  

1 hour ago, BND said:

FYI, since this has come up before, they have replaced some beds on GR.  We were in JS 8564 last cruise and had a new higher bed.  No more metal bars or low to the ground.  Our beds were on 4 legs and sat a good 6" higher than the old ones.  We were able to get large suitcases under it.  Someone in an interior on a lower deck still had the old beds.  

Our OV on deck 3 has the older, low style beds.  We have hard side, clam shell style bags, and we were able to fit them under the beds. 

If you have a full depth bag with a zipper on top, it probably would not fit. 

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Our OV on deck 3 has the older, low style beds.  We have hard side, clam shell style bags, and we were able to fit them under the beds. 

If you have a full depth bag with a zipper on top, it probably would not fit. 

No, the full size bags don't fit under the old beds.  We've been in a JS on GR every trip and this is the first time the largest bags fit fine.  The new beds are noticeably higher.  They are supposed to be changing them all eventually.  Not sure if they just take on so many a trip and change them by deck or if they replace them as needed.  Either way, this has been talked about for a year or so.

Even posting text is really sloooooow now.  Maybe all the kids with not much to do are on their phones.  

As an FYI, if you need seasickness pills, you can get them at guest services for no charge. 

The seas are not quite as rough, but there is still some rocking and rolling.  All the bag holders in the stairwells are empty now. 

Pools are still closed, but they did have some dancing on the pool deck.  That’s a good sign. 

Tried out lunch in the MDR.  Pictures are not uploading, so will need to try later. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The seas are not quite as rough, but there is still some rocking and rolling.  All the bag holders in the stairwells are empty now.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377

People are collecting cookies to take home.😀LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Everyone was laid back, or laid out today, depending on how they dealt with the seas. 

The Solarium was a popular place to be out of the wind and in the hot tubs.  I can’t believe how many people I heard that were swearing off drinking today!!!   Fortunately, I was not one😁

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, watson61 said:

Thank you for this live review.  I'm on Grandeur (first time!) April 25 and can't wait!   I am a bit nervous about your rough seas comments.  One of those little bags may have my name on it, I'm afraid.

You and me both.    I always bring sea sick patches (scopolamine) but thankfully haven’t had to use them for the last few sailings.   Maybe we’ll get lucky and things will be calm for us.

Erika

• Like 1

I spent some time talking with John Blair and his wife Katrina today (CD and AM).  They are a wonderful couple, and they have been doing a great job of keeping everyone entertained. 

I met Captain Thor tonight and got a photo with him.  Are all these captains giants?   He was very enjoyable to chat with. 

AD1E58B8-77AC-4D45-B3CB-0CEB163C0A91.jpeg

We have had some great music this cruise. South Pacific lounge is kind of a spill over area for the Diamond Club, although it hasn’t been overly crowded. 

Positive Vibrations was playing some nice island music, but after D happy hour was over, there were only 4or 5 people left there

Not the best photo, but I am working on it. 

0CBE3A5D-986B-4ACE-AB76-1A0E91269914.jpeg

Tonight’s Headliner show was Rookie, a Canadian band playing 50’s and 60’s music. If they are playing on your cruise, don’t miss them.  Very good show. 

As a plus, they were the only rocking and rolling in the theatre tonight. The seas are getting calmer😁

DB41C8ED-F0C6-47BF-A6EC-3CFC7C1E8B18.jpeg