Door signs allowed on Celebrity?

Realblonde474

Please don't roll your eyes but I truly did search on CC..I couldn't find any info on whether these are allowed?  We are cruising with a large group and I want to do something for our doors.

Does anyone know about this?

Thanks for your help!😂

• Like 1

You may not see many door decorations on Celebrity cruises as it may not be as popular as those seen on Carnival or Disney ships ( for example ).

If you do choose to put something on the cabin doors,it has been noted on other posts that I have read,not to use any tape that would leave a residue on the door that would require the cabin steward to do the extra work in getting the residue off of the doors.

It has been suggested to use magnets to hold items up on the door and that the decorations be made with fire retardant paper as a safety consideration.

52 minutes ago, Realblonde474 said:

Please don't roll your eyes

Too late. 🙄 

Go ahead, if you want too. But please don't use any adhesive that would leave a residue or possibly damage the door surface. Those gel stick ups can transfer color and leave a permanent stain. Scotch tape (cellophane tape) can leave a residue. 

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

No, it's not very common but I have seen some decorated doors. Agree about the magnets but our butler or cabin attendant definitely used scotch tape for a happy birthday sign and balloons.  I took the balloons off when the deflated and did not notice anything sticky. 

Just download the CC sign and decorate it...nobody will steal them...  Once on a Silly cruise 😎someone changed our door every 3 days.( it was a 12 day cruise) There was a poster sign up sheet  for Rumba lessons given by my husband that had everyone signing it ( we had a very large cc group on that sailing) ....I can't remember them all but they were very clever and someone put a lot of effort in making them before the cruise.  I do remember the last one...it advertised a Cabin sale in our room for the last sea day....written up like a garage sale sign😄

You can use  the CC search feature... This question has come up many times... 

Halloween  has more decorated doors.....other times just a few. 

We post our Cruise critic sign...Helps us find the right door.

@Realblonde474

While maybe less common--it does not mean it isn't done. 

You may see Cruisecritic signs, Birthday signs, Group cruising signs.

For a holiday sailing MANY years ago on the Connie we brought onboard wreath hangers and hung wreaths (artificial) that I had hot-glued starfish etc. on our two cabin doors

Got lots of compliments from people on the hall. And they were thrown away when we disembarked.

Enjoy your cruise. Don't let the Debbie downers ruin your fun.

• Like 1

Allowed, of course, but I've only seen a few on the four Celebrity cruises I've been on.  I always wonder what makes a person or group want to decorate their door on a cruise when they'd probably never think of doing it at a resort land hotel.  Or maybe I just haven't been at the right land hotels 😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stumptowngal said:

I always wonder what makes a person or group want to decorate their door on a cruise when they'd probably never think of doing it at a resort land hotel.  Or maybe I just haven't been at the right land hotels 😊

That is a good point.  But then again, I don't have the urge to join any hotel roll calls either.

• Like 3

We’ve cruised with friends who had problems remembering which way was forward/aft (prior to happy hr even!) when stepping out of the rooms - walking down the passageway and then seeing the numbers going up or down! So I put up a Fwd Arrow and an Aft Arrow on sticky’s and put them across from their SR door so they’d see it as they stepped out. They loved it!

Den

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

magnets work very well on the door.

F4B0B8BD-5784-4DCB-A90F-DE21D549376D.jpeg

Dec 2016 Infinity

I am not a fan of decorated doors, but I have to say that your door is absolutely cute!  I wish I had thought of a door cover when we cruised this past December. 

I see very little signage on Celebrity, HAL, Oceania cruises.  When we cruised Carnival and RCCL, there were many.  I felt like I was back in a college dorm! LOL  Having said that, an occasion birthday or anniversary sign left up for that day is alright in my book.

• Like 1

We usually travel on a special occasion like birthday, anniversary or holiday and love to decorate our door. Magnets are a great idea.

Its helped me my room stand out on numerous occasions after an evening at the Martini Bar.

Seriously it does make it easier to find your room. Enjoy your decorating!!

10 hours ago, Realblonde474 said:

Please don't roll your eyes but I truly did search on CC..I couldn't find any info on whether these are allowed?  We are cruising with a large group and I want to do something for our doors.

Does anyone know about this?

Thanks for your help!😂

We sailed on the Summit in December and no problem putting up a door banner. We used magnets and it worked perfectly. 

Hi, you can absolutely decorate your door. I decorated ours for the NYE cruise and it was awesome. I used magnetic decorations. I got a complete kit from Party City. Go ahead express yourself and enjoy your sailing ️