Baltic cruise pool open

sandrick

1 hour ago, Nang said:

Only ever seen pools closed due to rough seas and maintenance. They are heated, and I assume open no matter what the temperature.

No, the roof isn't open no matter the temp. It would not be smart to have the top open if it was really cold.

If it is realistically warm, it will be open. If it is cold, it will be closed. But, generally,  they keep the Lido pool warmed enough you will be able to swim, even if it is cold out, and the roof is closed.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

No, the roof isn't open no matter the temp. It would not be smart to have the top open if it was really cold.

If it is realistically warm, it will be open. If it is cold, it will be closed. But, generally,  they keep the Lido pool warmed enough you will be able to swim, even if it is cold out, and the roof is closed.

Think you may have misread these posts - its not about the roof but about whether the pool itself is available or "open" for use (but I do agree with you about the roof!)

Just checked pictures from our late August cruise: I have pics of people swimming in the Lido pool with the roof open, and pics of people sunbathing at the aft (sea view) pool, but none of anyone in the aft pool. I can't comment on the water temps, as we don't use the pools on cruises.