Sports Court on Encore

10 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

That's too bad.   Will the laser tag and go carts come with a price tag?

Yes both are upcharge venues

Personally, I love that Encore does not have a sports court.  I don't cruise to shoot hoops but respect those who enjoy to do it at sea.  I welcome daring changes putting active entertainment before sport courts.

17 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Yes both are upcharge venues

Personally, I love that Encore does not have a sports court.  I don't cruise to shoot hoops but respect those who enjoy to do it at sea.  I welcome daring changes putting active entertainment before sport courts.

It's great to try new things but when they all come with an upcharge how many times can you try them.   Too much nickel and diming.

8 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

It's great to try new things but when they all come with an upcharge how many times can you try them.   Too much nickel and diming.

I think that's an overused cliche.    You know in advance what is and isn't on the ship.   You know in advance what is complimentary and what is not.   You don't need to pick that ship or if you do you don't need to pay for things you don't want to.  It's not unique to NCL. 

Regardless, enjoy whatever cruise you choose.  There is a ton of good choices out there.

10 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Yep, I agree. We are  family of four that just got off the 15 day Panama Canal cruise this past sunday. Did the go karts once ad the lazer tag one both at $40 a pop. Who is going to do these multiple times? It's a money grab and a huge waste of deck space. An aft pool, sports court, and mini golf is better long term. The others are fun but let's be real here ....... 

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Yep, I agree. We are  family of four that just got off the 15 day Panama Canal cruise this past sunday. Did the go karts once ad the lazer tag one both at $40 a pop. Who is going to do these multiple times? It's a money grab and a huge waste of deck space. An aft pool, sports court, and mini golf is better long term. The others are fun but let's be real here ....... 

Apparently the NCL body snatchers have not taken control of you yet.
Don't you know that every twist and turn of a NCL ship is supposed to cost money 😵

Get with the program🤪

if there was no charge for the go karts there would be kids clogging it up all day every day. I'm more than happy to pay $10 a shot to get on and not have to stop every 30 seconds because some kid who doesn't know how to drive gets stuck constantly.

I'd rather have interesting experiences available on cruise ships than sports courts. I can play basketball anytime, and if I want exercise I can run the track or hit the gym.

3 hours ago, Defhermit said:

if there was no charge for the go karts there would be kids clogging it up all day every day. I'm more than happy to pay $10 a shot to get on and not have to stop every 30 seconds because some kid who doesn't know how to drive gets stuck constantly.

I'd rather have interesting experiences available on cruise ships than sports courts. I can play basketball anytime, and if I want exercise I can run the track or hit the gym.

The lack of sports court on the Bliss was a real problem and I won't take another family cruise without one again. All of the replacements are extra cost items that fill minutes of time. For kids and teens the sports courts fill hours. Without them you will encounter more of them in more traditional adult spaces.

There's also no shuffle board and I don't recall big chess either. The replacement activities are also sedatary. Kids fill up on the ship goodies and have  no where to burn it off. Even the kids clubs will reserve the sports court for the little ones fo get fresh air and play tag, soccer, race, etc.  Check your dailies from other ships for foul shooting contests, basketball tournaments. etc. I have even seen the crew play soccer there very late night. My nephew will be 18 next time we cruise no longer allowed in the teen club, but still in high school. No hoops course would make for a boring and lonely cruise.

I will look at cruises on the Epic and the Away ships including the Escape. 

Personally I drove the race car and was bored before my time was over. If I wasn't riding in a race with my nephew I would have pulled in after 5 laps and been done. He drove multiple times but we would have wasted money on the weekly pass. We didn't come close to 100 worth of rides.

Edited by Nola26

11 hours ago, Nola26 said:

The lack of sports court on the Bliss was a real problem and I won't take another family cruise without one again. All of the replacements are extra cost items that fill minutes of time. For kids and teens the sports courts fill hours. Without them you will encounter more of them in more traditional adult spaces.

There's also no shuffle board and I don't recall big chess either. The replacement activities are also sedatary. Kids fill up on the ship goodies and have  no where to burn it off. Even the kids clubs will reserve the sports court for the little ones fo get fresh air and play tag, soccer, race, etc.  Check your dailies from other ships for foul shooting contests, basketball tournaments. etc. I have even seen the crew play soccer there very late night. My nephew will be 18 next time we cruise no longer allowed in the teen club, but still in high school. No hoops course would make for a boring and lonely cruise.

I will look at cruises on the Epic and the Away ships including the Escape. 

Personally I drove the race car and was bored before my time was over. If I wasn't riding in a race with my nephew I would have pulled in after 5 laps and been done. He drove multiple times but we would have wasted money on the weekly pass. We didn't come close to 100 worth of rides.

I can't argue with your points about kids' activities. I don't have kids. I can see how a multi-purpose court could be useful to keep them not bored.

As a (sort of) adult booking a trip for my selfish self, I like laser tag and go karts.