Visa for Jordan

Poochie71

Hi

My husband and I have booked Royal Caribbean from Dubai to Rome in March 2020.  One of our stops is Aqaba Jordan and I'm trying to find put if we need a Visa to enter (well to board the ship really as we understand that if we don't have the correct Visa's for the countries we visit they may not let us board).  I've found that Oman is ok to visit for cruise ship passengers without a visa and we're in European countries but I can't find anything specific for cruise ship passengers for Jordan.

Would love to hear from anyone with any information on this region.  Thanks so much.

Regards,

Tamara.

• 2 months later...

As long as you entering Via Aqaba you do not need a visa for a one day stay as long as you are leaving the country at the same place ~ but there is an exit fee to be paid of 8JD

From jordanian ministry of Tourism & antiquities https://www.mota.gov.jo/Contents/Visa_Information.aspx  :

"Arrivals at Aqaba, either through the port, the airport or at the crossing from Israel or Saudi Arabia, are granted a visa to Jordan. There is no obligation associated with this visa, provided that they leave the country from the same border and within 1 month of arrival, and that they do not need to renew their visa.

Those holding an ASEZ visa and wishing to stay longer than 1 month must extend it at the ASEZA office in Aqaba and not with their local police station as holders of a normal visa would.

Exit service fee applies for land and sea border points. 8.00 JD per passenger and 5.00 JD per vehicle."

8JD = approx $11.50

Edited by Shelledpea