Premium Beverage Package

dockgirl

4 minutes ago, dockgirl said:

If you have the premium beverage package are the wine pairing meals in the restaurants included. 

Thanks in advance, Dockgirl

NO...... but you get a 20% discount on the dinner package  if you have the card.

10 minutes ago, dockgirl said:

Do you have a price for the dinner package?

Thank you Hawaiidan

The Wine Spectator dinners' prices vary based on the particular menu: from $95/person to $165/person.

BTW, the wine on the prestige booze package is anything from the "wine by the glass" menu.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

39 minutes ago, dockgirl said:

If you have the premium beverage package are the wine pairing meals in the restaurants included. 

Just for clarification:  Are you asking about the La Reserve venue or all restaurants?  The GDR has a 4 course daily dinner offering plus "all suggested wines by the glass receive a discount".  But to your question if these are "included" in the premium packeage, I don't know.  I'm sure others will.

Katie

15 hours ago, dockgirl said:

Thanks in advance, Dockgirl

Do you mean La Reserve wine pairing  or the wine pairing recommendations on the GDR menu?

The ones by the glass in the GDR are included in the package

• Like 1

dockgirl- You are also allowed to bring a bottle each aboard (not for use in dining room or public areas). We will bring a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Rum... 😊 

Edited by neilrr

1 hour ago, neilrr said:

dockgirl- You are also allowed to bring a bottle each aboard (not for use in dining room or public areas). We will bring a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Rum... 😊 

Neil & Jerry-

The bring on booze is not limited to "a bottle each". 

As long as you behave yourselves socially and don't plan to open a pop up bar on the pool deck, 

-Let your conscience be your guide-

Enjoy  🍸

• Like 1

we noticed a couple getting on the elevator  with drinks in hand from the cabin

do they think no one would notice they were using the cabin glassware :classic_ohmy:

If you are going to be sneaky at least take a glass from the bar to your cabin to make your drinks to carry around 😄

18 hours ago, StanandJim said:

Neil & Jerry-

The bring on booze is not limited to "a bottle each". 

As long as you behave yourselves socially and don't plan to open a pop up bar on the pool deck, 

-Let your conscience be your guide-

Enjoy  🍸

StandardJim - We are always good boys...Sometimes🤡  But a a pop-up bar on the pool deck does sound good to me... conscinence - what's that??? LOL😁 Thanks for the info...I did think it was only one bottle each - that should get us through the 10 days...🍸 

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

we noticed a couple getting on the elevator  with drinks in hand from the cabin

do they think no one would notice they were using the cabin glassware :classic_ohmy:

If you are going to be sneaky at least take a glass from the bar to your cabin to make your drinks to carry around 😄

LHT28 - I totally agree... It's like I tell my students -- if you are going to cheat off someone -- make sure it is a smart student (which usually isn't the case)..LOL😊 We make sure we always have service for 12 in the cabin for any occasion and venue...Ha!!! 

Happy Cruising!!!.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry for a spelling error - it should have been "conscience"  and an extra "a" in my writing.  I was called to a meeting, as I was finishing up and did not get a chance to proofread...😊 

On 4/22/2019 at 12:09 PM, neilrr said:

In reality...your allowed to bring whatever you want beer/wine/liquors on board as often as you want      bring 3 or 4.    Grab local liquors in ports... just fine     Just drink it in the cabin  or pay corkage in the venues.     This an adult ship for adults who can be responsible.

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

In reality...your allowed to bring whatever you want beer/wine/liquors on board as often as you want      bring 3 or 4.    Grab local liquors in ports... just fine     Just drink it in the cabin  or pay corkage in the venues.     This an adult ship for adults who can be responsible.

Hawaiidan - We are staying in Lisbon a few days before the trip so we will pick up a couple of bottles... I think I am still to young (late 50's) to be responsible... LOL 😁🍸 Happy Sailing!!!

• 3 weeks later...

What is the current cost for a drink package?   Do they go on sale?  We haven't sailed O in years and only experience with drink packages has been with Royal.  From what I'm reading if we can bring on whatever and as much as we want then a drink package might not be cost effective.  We are pretty port intensive so it would be easy to pick up a few bottles of wine each stop.  

We have never taken the package, but I would say no.  If you have oLife and take the offered drink package, you can upgrade on board for $20pp/day, so that's a benefit if you think you'll use the package.  (We don't so we don't!)

When you board they will make it very clear how you can purchase the package if you want it!

Mura

I'm pretty sure there is a savings on the Prestige Drink Package when purchased before sailing. Not as an upgrade as part of Olife, but when you purchase drink package on line or thru TA pre cruise, there was a $5 a day per person savings last time I purchased it. 

Maybe that has changed recently?

1 hour ago, GrammieK said:

I'm pretty sure there is a savings on the Prestige Drink Package when purchased before sailing. Not as an upgrade as part of Olife, but when you purchase drink package on line or thru TA pre cruise, there was a $5 a day per person savings last time I purchased it. 

Maybe that has changed recently?

That's the first I've ever heard of that here. Are you maybe thinking of another line? 

Only discount I've heard of is a discount on La Reserve when you have the drink package. 

12 minutes ago, ORV said:

That's the first I've ever heard of that here. Are you maybe thinking of another line? 

Only discount I've heard of is a discount on La Reserve when you have the drink package. 

you get a saving on drinks package if you are silver level or above 

1 hour ago, petcoke said:

you get a saving on drinks package if you are silver level or above 

You are absolutely correct. I had forgotten that as the only time I use the package is when I take the basic as a perk then upgrade on board. There's no discount when you do it that way. Or at least I haven't got one. 

I wonder what the discount will be after Nov. 

So sorry!  I misspoke!  We have been mixing it up a little, sailing on different lines now and then. HAL is the line that gives a discount if beverage package is pre purchased. 

Being silver level on O we always take advantage of the early discount as well. 

Sorry if if I confused anyone with my misinformation. I probably need another drink....🍷🍸

• Like 1

We are taking a B2B sailing (sold as a grand voyage) with the first port intensive and the second a TA...….if I understand correctly, we can purchase our "upgrade" to premium package at any time, thus allowing us to wait until the start of the ocean crossing to pay for the upgrade?  We chose the beverage package for our "OLife" option.

Our experience has been that just about daily there is an "invitation" to buy the package in Currents.  So you shouldn't have any problem waiting for the TA portion of your cruise.  (Once you buy it, you have to pay the $$$ until the end of the cruise, another argument for waiting until the second leg.)

Mura