Cruise Parking at Port Charleston

Swinjaney

Here you go. This is the information that is available on Carnival's website about the port. 

I am not too sure about the parking situation there because I have not been to the port yet.

When will you be sailing out of Charleston?

Screenshot_2019-04-19-23-21-43.png

On 4/19/2019 at 10:48 PM, Swinjaney said:

Where can you find parking in Port Charleston?    I have tried to prepay parking at the port, but the dates are not the same.   Any suggestions about parking?

The site has not worked in a while, we finally called and they told us not to worry about it.  it was a first for us out of Charleston, we arrived early and the cars were already lined up on the street outside the gate but we were told to enter to pay via CC or debit card (no cash) for the parking (they give you a card to put in your window, your instructed on to the next tent and they look at your identification and boarding passes and then take your luggage. If your are early like us (miscalculation on the time to drive) you will be asked to exit again and line back up on the street.  If they have started to allow parking then they will direct you where to park and then board one of the buses to the ship.  Everyone regardless of level board the ship at the same time.  Let me tell you it was a climb up the gang post.

Edited by dbrucern

We, too, miscalculated our arrival time.  We were allowed to enter the parking area, obtain our handicap sticker, unload the baggage and then were told to leave the parking area until 11 AM.   With 2 cranky teenagers in the back seat and 4 hours to kill in a strange city.......a bit much for a start of a cruise!