Norwegian Getaway shorten the trip,cancel 2 stops

garrabel

This is a bad trip 7 sea days for 10 days , It was originally 12 days, The cancelled, Le Havre, and Brussels, This is so wrong of the to do.

5 sea days, Punta Gorda Azores . 2 sea days Portsmoth England  Northampton England. If anyone is on this ship call Norwegian.

Well at the very least NCL will likely refund the fare paid by each passenger relative to the days by which the cruise was shortened, typically as a refundable OBC.  So if two days were canceled, they will refund two days worth of the full fare paid. They will also refund any ship sponsored excursions purchased for those ports of call along with the port fees and taxes associated with each port.

They would not be obligated to do anything else, but possibly could add additional OBC as a good will gesture.  It is unfortunate but they are well within their rights to do this as now best suits there dry dock requirements, which BTW are mandatory.  Things such as this happen frequently, just as do missed ports of call due to weather or other issues, or other itinerary changes - very few of which the cruise line has any compensation liability other than that just referenced.

And calling the cruise line will not have any affect on their decision to make this change.  I am sorry that this is affecting your cruise as it certainly is not what you hoped for, but there is nothing you - or NCL - can do about it as it was a change mandated by a dry dock schedule.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Just saw on the other thread posted on this one that NCL has refunded 25% of the cruise fare for this change.  IMO, on an original 12 day re-positioning itinerary that is fair and generous and I would not expect anything further to be offered.

Important:  Passengers that have NCL credit cards that got reimbursed for the excursions at the cancelled ports:  Can you please let me know the date it was reimbursed.  This is important.  Thank you in advance.  YOu can let me know on here or please email me:  coryjocruiser@gmail.com 

Solo Travelers.  We paid full price (for 2 people) for a cabin and I plan to write a letter to NCL requesting that we are reimbursed $600 rather than the $300/pp.  Hotels do not offer 1/2 rooms, I checked; therefore, I had to pay full price.  Couples who paid full price for a cabin (as we did) will receive $600.  I was able to find a 75 sq.ft. room (closet), with a single bed crammed into it, and $300 will not cover the price for 2 days.  I feel that it is only fair that solo travelers are adequately reimbursed so that we, like couples, can afford accommodations.   

2 hours ago, Atlanta_Cruiser said:

Solo Travelers.  We paid full price (for 2 people) for a cabin and I plan to write a letter to NCL requesting that we are reimbursed $600 rather than the $300/pp.  Hotels do not offer 1/2 rooms, I checked; therefore, I had to pay full price.  Couples who paid full price for a cabin (as we did) will receive $600.  I was able to find a 75 sq.ft. room (closet), with a single bed crammed into it, and $300 will not cover the price for 2 days.  I feel that it is only fair that solo travelers are adequately reimbursed so that we, like couples, can afford accommodations.   

My understanding from the other thread is that 25% of the total fare paid is being credited - not a per person rate.  Whatever your actual fare paid as a solo passenger was would be the basis for the credit.  This takes away any credit discretion based on stateroom occupancy.  Most fare credits are bases on this formula - this should not be any different.

If you booked through a travel agent, contact them for assistance as well.

And BTW, with the exception of cruise lines with ships that offer specific solo staterooms and rates specific to those staterooms, all cruise lines use some formula of double occupancy to calculate a solo rate in a standard stateroom or suite - typically some amount up to 200% of the individual double occupancy fare.  

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

My understanding from the other thread is that 25% of the total fare paid is being credited - not a per person rate.  Whatever your actual fare paid as a solo passenger was would be the basis for the credit.  This takes away any credit discretion based on stateroom occupancy.  Most fare credits are bases on this formula - this should not be any different.

If you booked through a travel agent, contact them for assistance as well.

And BTW, with the exception of cruise lines with ships that offer specific solo staterooms and rates specific to those staterooms, all cruise lines use some formula of double occupancy to calculate a solo rate in a standard stateroom or suite - typically some amount up to 200% of the individual double occupancy fare.  

Yes, I am getting a 25% refund on my booking fare.  Got that.  But I paid double (not solo fare) for a balcony room.  If two people wanted a balcony, they would pay the same price that I have paid; however, when they get off the ship on May 7th, they have up to $600 between them to use for travel and hotel costs. So they are "golden" when it comes to booking a hotel room and probably have some money left over for a meal or two.  I only receive up to $300. It won't over me for two days, maybe 1.5 days and no meals.  If I pay double, than fair is that I receive 25% of my cabin fee (based on double occupancy) and $600.  I hope that makes sense.  LOL

Please keep the pressure on via media. If I was an eloquent writer or if I had adequate writing skills, I would be happy to send out some letters to the media; unfortunately, I am not.  Many times companies try to just settle with the "trouble makers" in hopes it will all fade away.  Let's hope this is not the case, and that everyone gets treated equally. 

50 minutes ago, Atlanta_Cruiser said:

Yes, I am getting a 25% refund on my booking fare.  Got that.  But I paid double (not solo fare) for a balcony room.  If two people wanted a balcony, they would pay the same price that I have paid; however, when they get off the ship on May 7th, they have up to $600 between them to use for travel and hotel costs. So they are "golden" when it comes to booking a hotel room and probably have some money left over for a meal or two.  I only receive up to $300. It won't over me for two days, maybe 1.5 days and no meals.  If I pay double, than fair is that I receive 25% of my cabin fee (based on double occupancy) and $600.  I hope that makes sense.  LOL

So you would receive 25% of the total double fare - what is not clear?  Let's say as example the double occupancy rate was $500 pp x 2+ $1000, and as a solo passenger you paid the same $1000.  The credit is 25% of the total fare paid, or $1000 x 25%=$250.  That is what you would receive, which is the same as two people in the same stateroom at the same rate would receive - not $500 X 25% - $125.  You would have the same $250 as they would for whatever expenses you incur as a result - in other words you should receive the same credit the two people do.  It is based on what you paid - and if you paid double, you will receive a credit based on that.

And to your last post - you will be treated equally.  You just have to accept that this can - and does -happen with all cruise lines and they are within their legal rights to make these changes as necessary. And in this case a 25% refund of the total paid fare is IMO fair for the changes made.

7 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

So you would receive 25% of the total double fare - what is not clear?  Let's say as example the double occupancy rate was $500 pp x 2+ $1000, and as a solo passenger you paid the same $1000.  The credit is 25% of the total fare paid, or $1000 x 25%=$250.  That is what you would receive, which is the same as two people in the same stateroom at the same rate would receive - not $500 X 25% - $125.  You would have the same $250 as they would for whatever expenses you incur as a result - in other words you should receive the same credit the two people do.  It is based on what you paid - and if you paid double, you will receive a credit based on that.

And to your last post - you will be treated equally.  You just have to accept that this can - and does -happen with all cruise lines and they are within their legal rights to make these changes as necessary. And in this case a 25% refund of the total paid fare is IMO fair for the changes made.

How much money can each occupant claim for change fees?  

1 hour ago, Atlanta_Cruiser said:

yes, I am receiving 25% and that is fair with everyone else; however, I must have not been clear enough.  I paid double the cost of the room and I should receive double the amount in change fees.  

Not sure what you mean by change fees.  If you mean port fees and taxes, even with doubling the price for a solo cruiser in a stateroom, you would have only been charged for one person with those charges - so you would only be entitled to one persons value in your credit.  But why would there be change fees associated with the cruise line with their change in itinerary?

If you mean airline change fees, if that is something they are offering to reimburse, as a solo traveler, why would they reimburse you for two people?  The airlines would only charge change fees for one - you.

Sorry, confused. Please clarify.

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not sure what you mean by change fees.  If you mean port fees and taxes, even with doubling the price for a solo cruiser in a stateroom, you would have only been charged for one person with those charges - so you would only be entitled to one persons value in your credit.  Why would there be change fees associated with the cruise line with their change in itinerary?

Please clarify.

You must have not receive the letter?  Here it is.  I hope this helps clarify everything for you.  I would like double the change fees,  not double the refund.  

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We sincerely apologize for any disappointment experienced as a result of the change of itinerary to Norwegian Getaway's April 27th voyage.

In addition to the 25% refund previously communicated, as a genuine gesture of concern, we are extending an additional 25% future cruise credit which may be used towards any upcoming sailing with us. The future cruise credit will be valid for 24 months from the date of this letter. Please reference your Getaway reservation number at the time of booking to utilize your future cruise credit.

Additionally, the $300 maximum per person in change fees can be applied to travel costs such as airline, train or hotel fees that have been incurred as a result of the change in the cruise length. Please submit receipts to: https://www.ncl.com/case-submission.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-327-7030 (Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to midnight ET and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET). For any guests booked outside of the US/Canada please visit www.ncl.com for our local contact information.

We thank you for your continued understanding and look forward to welcoming you on board for an exceptional vacation experience.

Sincerely,

19 minutes ago, Atlanta_Cruiser said:

You must have not receive the letter?  Here it is.  I hope this helps clarify everything for you.  I would like double the change fees,  not double the refund.  

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We sincerely apologize for any disappointment experienced as a result of the change of itinerary to Norwegian Getaway's April 27th voyage.

In addition to the 25% refund previously communicated, as a genuine gesture of concern, we are extending an additional 25% future cruise credit which may be used towards any upcoming sailing with us. The future cruise credit will be valid for 24 months from the date of this letter. Please reference your Getaway reservation number at the time of booking to utilize your future cruise credit.

Additionally, the $300 maximum per person in change fees can be applied to travel costs such as airline, train or hotel fees that have been incurred as a result of the change in the cruise length. Please submit receipts to: https://www.ncl.com/case-submission.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-327-7030 (Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to midnight ET and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET). For any guests booked outside of the US/Canada please visit www.ncl.com for our local contact information.

We thank you for your continued understanding and look forward to welcoming you on board for an exceptional vacation experience.

Sincerely,

No I did not receive this as I am not on that cruise.  I have only been responding to information received second hand regarding this issue through this thread.

But to the highlighted portion regarding the per person change fees, you are still only one person traveling, regardless of how much you paid for your cruise.  And the airlines, etc., with whom you will incur change fees will only charge one person - you - for those fees.  So I stand by my previous comments - there is no reason you should be credited more than that.  The reason two in a stateroom would each get the same amount as you is because they will each be charged the change fees - or double your amount. .  You will only be charged one.  No other way to explain it.

The fact that the fare policy doubles the single rate for a solo occupying a stateroom only means that is what they charge for a solo passenger staying in it.  In other words, that is the price of admission for a solo passenger.  You have to separate what you were charged as a solo from anyone else's fare.  I hope you can understand that.

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

No I did not receive this as I am not on that cruise.  I have only been responding to information received second hand regarding this issue through this thread.

But to the highlighted portion regarding the per person change fees, you are still only one person traveling, regardless of how much you paid for your cruise.  And the airlines, etc., with whom you will incur change fees will only charge one person - you - for those fees.  So I stand by my previous comments - there is no reason you should be credited more than that.  The reason two in a stateroom would each get the same amount as you is because they will each be charged the change fees - or double your amount. .  You will only be charged one.  No other way to explain it.

The fact that the fare policy doubles the single rate for a solo occupying a stateroom only means that is what they charge for a solo passenger staying in it.  In other words, that is the price of admission for a solo passenger.  You have to separate what you were charged as a solo from anyone else's fare.  I hope you can understand that.

I understand your position but do not agree.  Thanks.  I thought you were on this cruise.  

22 minutes ago, Atlanta_Cruiser said:

I understand your position but do not agree.  Thanks.  I thought you were on this cruise.  

Well I guess I don't see why you think you are entitled to more than one persons's change fees when you will be just one person incurring them.  Your logic doesn't make sense and the cruise line's offer for change fees is generous and correct at an amount per person.

And if you feel that $300 is not enough for just you, then clearly $600 will not be enough for two people either as they will each incur the same fees as you.

Hope you can resolve this within yourself and find a way to enjoy yourself on the cruise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Well I guess I don't see why you think you are entitled to more than one persons's change fees when you will be just one person incurring them.  Your logic doesn't make sense and the cruise line's offer for change fees is generous and correct at an amount per person.

And if you feel that $300 is not enough for just you, then clearly $600 will not be enough for two people either as they will each incur the same fees as you.

Hope you can resolve this within yourself and find a way to enjoy yourself on the cruise.

How would could they incur the same costs as me.  They get $600 and get one room for $450 for two days.  I get the same room for $450; however, I did not receive $600, I only received $300 and both they and myself paid the exact same amount.  I am far from someone who fills entitled, you don't know me. So I am done trying to talk sense into someone who enjoys arguments.  done rather than a sensible discussion.  Good day. 

11 minutes ago, Atlanta_Cruiser said:

How would could they incur the same costs as me.  They get $600 and get one room for $450 for two days.  I get the same room for $450; however, I did not receive $600, I only received $300 and both they and myself paid the exact same amount.  I am far from someone who fills entitled, you don't know me. So I am done trying to talk sense into someone who enjoys arguments.  done rather than a sensible discussion.  Good day. 

I'm not arguing nor do I think you are someone who feels entitled. Just trying to explain the cruise line's policy. 

I just disagree with your position. Again, regarding the change fees, it is irrelevant what you paid for the room - what is relevant is how many people are in it, as that is what the change fees are based on - per person in the room, not cruise fare paid.  And you got the same amount (for one person) as they did for the stateroom fare (for two people).

Again the $300 you will receive is for one persons airline change fees.  The $600 they receive is for two.  It is simple math.

But we will agree to disagree.  And again, please try to enjoy your cruise.