Terrace hours

melody hounddog

1 hour ago, melody hounddog said:

Can anyone tell me the hours that the Terrace is open? Do they shut down in-between meals? I know I saw this information somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it.

Thanks.

Definitely closed between meals and the hours can vary to accommodate certain port arrivals. Terrace is usually open at least from 12-2 pm for lunch. Dinner starts at about 6 pm. Waves is available usually until 4 for the folks wanting food after tours.

Hours for all restaurants are posted daily in the Currents.

• Like 2

Lunch 12-2pm

Dinner  6:30 - 9pm

Breakfast varies depending on the port but usually closes  by 10 am

Horizons have continental offering until 11 am

Waves has breakfast  choices until 11 am

lunch starts about 11:30 to 4pm

• Like 2

18 hours ago, melody hounddog said:

Can anyone tell me the hours that the Terrace is open? Do they shut down in-between meals? I know I saw this information somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it.

Thanks.

It opens for dinner around 6:30PM. Though they close around 9 PM, you'll likely get food till around 9:30(though this will depend on amount of pax still there)They do close between meals. I suggest Waves for those between meal, meals.

• Like 1

room service  is 24/7  also

Barristas also have small snacks  open ^:30am to 6pm

Afternoon tea  from 4-5 pm daily (except embarkation day)

no need to go hungry on the ship

On 4/23/2019 at 6:09 AM, LHT28 said:

room service  is 24/7  also

Barristas also have small snacks  open ^:30am to 6pm

Afternoon tea  from 4-5 pm daily (except embarkation day)

no need to go hungry on the ship

LHT28 - Glad they made hours longer at Terrace Cafe and have other venues for a bite... We were on a Oceania cruise a couple of years ago and nothing was open to get any food between 3-6 PM -- after arriving back from a late excursion.  We were told at the time "you can order from room service." I personally did not want to stay in the cabin waiting for RS on a beautiful afternoon.  We had written in our comments that the Terrace should stay open serving something late afternoon (i.e. hamburger, hot dog, light snacks, etc..). We will be on Sirena in early July... I will keep you all posted...😁

35 minutes ago, neilrr said:

We had written in our comments that the Terrace should stay open serving something late afternoon

Waves, which serves just the type of fare which you were seeking, has always been open until 4pm.

• Like 2

Just one little comment about Terrace staying open ...

When Waves is open and most if not all tables are taken, you can have your food delivered to Terrace.  I don't know if they normally lock the doors once they are no longer serving food, but they don't in that particular situation.  Paulchili and our respective spouses had lunch that way one day ...

Mura

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Waves, which serves just the type of fare which you were seeking, has always been open until 4pm.

..and of course, at 4 PM one can go to tea where there are plenty of finger sandwiches and cakes.

It’s a real challenge to starve on Oceania (or any other cruise line for that matter) 🙂

Edited by Paulchili

2 hours ago, StanandJim said:

StanandJim - Thank you.  I believe we did come back after 4PM and at that time nothing was available except room service.

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

..and of course, at 4 PM one can go to tea where there are plenty of finger sandwiches and cakes.

It’s a real challenge to starve on Oceania (or any other cruise line for that matter). 🙂

Paulchili - I would assume you would have to be in proper attire to go to tea. After a 6-8 hour excursion - I would not want to get dressed for tea.  No one is talking about starving -- it is about having light fare available for those returning from all day excursions. 

10 minutes ago, neilrr said:

I would assume you would have to be in proper attire to go to tea

Actually afternoon tea is quite informal. Whatever you wore for the tour is acceptable for the tea assuming you did not wear a bathing suit for the tour. This is not Cunard or Silversea.

Just a little washing up would do - your call.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

Actually afternoon tea is quite informal. Whatever you wore for the tour is acceptable for the tea assuming you did not wear a bathing suit for the tour. This is not Cunard or Silversea.

Just a little washing up would do - your call.

Oh too bad... I was thinking of showing up in a speedo..😊 I do promise to wash my hands...LOL

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

On Riviera now.  We arrived at Terrace Cafe around 2:30 today expecting to eat at the rear outside deck and watch Malta departure.  Nope, indoor and outdoor closed. 

As far as I can tell, there is nowhere to eat or drink at an outdoor table or chair on the ship from 2pm to 6:30pm.  Dissapointing.

You can drink at an outdoor lounger.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, Waves has breakfast items available in the morning? Or, is a smoothie the closest they come?

I can see us sleeping in a bit some days on our cruise in November and 10 might be right around when we get moving. Does the room service menu include breakfast items, at least until late morning? DH will be grumpy if he has to get up earlier than he wants!

Just now, Jeffxx said:

On Riviera now.  We arrived at Terrace Cafe around 2:30 today expecting to eat at the rear outside deck and watch Malta departure.  Nope, indoor and outdoor closed. 

As far as I can tell, there is nowhere to eat or drink at an outdoor table or chair on the ship from 2pm to 6:30pm.  Dissapointing.

You can drink at an outdoor lounger.  

Isn’t the Waves bar outdoors and open after 2PM? Also, you can pick up your burger (or whatever) at the Waves and take it to the outside rear deck as long as you don’t expect table service.

Do you expect everyone to work at the Terrace from 7 AM till 5 PM without a break and then go the MDR or specialties to serve till 10 PM or is there another shift of servers?

Edited by Paulchili

9 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Isn’t the Waves bar outdoors and open after 2PM? Also, you can pick up your burger (or whatever) at the Waves and take it to the outside rear deck as long as you don’t expect table service.

Do you expect everyone to work at the Terrace from 7 AM till 5 PM without a break and then go the MDR or specialties to serve till 10 PM or is there another shift of servers?

All the tables with chairs I saw on the Waves level (12) are under cover.  Entry through Terrace to the rear deck was not allowed.  People that couldn't get a table at Waves were allowed to eat in Terrace indoors right by the door.

Just now, Jeffxx said:

All the tables with chairs I saw on the Waves level (12) are under cover.

Yes, they are covered (most of them) but they are outdoors. IIRC, the large table is not under cover. The covered part is a good thing as it keeps one dry if it rains and in the shade while eating.

There is plenty of time and places to get sun after lunch if that is what one wants.

Also, if there are a number of excursions returning to the ship around 2 PM IME they will keep the Terrace open later to accommodate those groups. If you arrive at 2:30 from a private tour then you are limited to the Waves.

Edited by Paulchili

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

So, Waves has breakfast items available in the morning? Or, is a smoothie the closest they come?

I can see us sleeping in a bit some days on our cruise in November and 10 might be right around when we get moving. Does the room service menu include breakfast items, at least until late morning? DH will be grumpy if he has to get up earlier than he wants!

Waves DOES serve breakfast items ... but I'm not sure for how long.  We usually have breakfast either in our room or in the GDR, so I'm not sure of the breakfast hours at Waves but I think at least until 11am.  Check Currents, it has all the dining hours every day.  As memory goes, yes, room service has breakfast items.

I just checked the Oceania Currents daily newsletter from Marina Oct/Nov 2018.  Both port days and sea day as follows:

Breakfast in Suite 6:30a - 10:30a

Waves 6:30 - 11

Terrace buffet 6:30 - 10

Grand Dining Room 7:30 - 9:30

43 minutes ago, Mura said:

Waves DOES serve breakfast items ... but I'm not sure for how long.  We usually have breakfast either in our room or in the GDR, so I'm not sure of the breakfast hours at Waves but I think at least until 11am.  Check Currents, it has all the dining hours every day.  As memory goes, yes, room service has breakfast items.

Thanks Mura. Helpful as always!

2 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

I just checked the Oceania Currents daily newsletter from Marina Oct/Nov 2018.  Both port days and sea day as follows:

Breakfast in Suite 6:30a - 10:30a

Waves 6:30 - 11

Terrace buffet 6:30 - 10

Grand Dining Room 7:30 - 9:30

Thanks for checking Kate, this is good to know.