EZ Air - Bad Experience.

brt49

Booked my flights for my 8/17/19 - 8/31/19 cruise on Emerald Princess within a week or two of them being available. Business class. Air Canada on the way there. Air France operated by Delta on the way back.

Last week I decide to check my flights after getting an email from Delta saying the second leg, Atlanta to Pittsburgh was pushed back a few hours. Longer layover no big deal. But the kicker my flight from Barcelona to Atlanta had disappeared. 

The flight is still available, just not on EZ Air.

I called Princess and she confirmed that while the flight still exists, it is no longer an option for EZ Air.

No email, no alert from Princess.

The outcome being having to rebook a different itinerary at an additional cost of around $375.00 per person.

This is my first negative experience with EZ Air, but is this a common occurrence or just bad luck?

We have been using EZair for several years now both domestic and overseas flights.  Luckily we have not had a problem so far.  EZair does not pay for the flights until after the final payment is made and reservations without payment are subject to changes by the airline(s).  This is the first time I have read on CC about airline reservations disappearing so it appears as though it is not a common occurrence or at least I hope so. 

8 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

We have been using EZair for several years now both domestic and overseas flights.  Luckily we have not had a problem so far.  EZair does not pay for the flights until after the final payment is made and reservations without payment are subject to changes by the airline(s).  This is the first time I have read on CC about airline reservations disappearing so it appears as though it is not a common occurrence or at least I hope so. 

I completely understand about flights subject to change. I think everyone of my itineraries has changed at some point. Usually just a flight time change. 

The difference here is the flight hasn't changed and I can book it today on the Air France site, even pick the same seats.

The past several days when I tried to check my flight on EZ air a box pops up saying there has been an  itinerary change and to check back later or search for new flights. I wonder now if they are going to cancel them on me.Delta still shows the flight available with only a one minute time change so I don’t know what’s going on. Guess I will have to call them tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, bj24 said:

The past several days when I tried to check my flight on EZ air a box pops up saying there has been an  itinerary change and to check back later or search for new flights. I wonder now if they are going to cancel them on me.Delta still shows the flight available with only a one minute time change so I don’t know what’s going on. Guess I will have to call them tomorrow.

Did you go to the Delta Website and use the confirmation code from EZ Air to check your reservation?

• Like 1

Now I haven't been keeping a close eye on this stuff, but seems to me the majority of the time when a problem with flights do occur it does seem to be with a Delta Flight.  Now I know others out there will say au contraire, but just as a quick observation, it seems this way, to me.  I have done EZ air twice, and because of this observation, true or not, I have stayed away from booking a Delta flight even if cheaper.  I have dealt with United and Air Canada.  So far, and I am holding my breath, the only changes I have encountered is change in time (like 9:50a.m. to 9:56a.m. and 7:25p.m. to 7:20p.m.) and to my surprise, My Personalizer in Princess is keeping up with the changes in time!  

But I am keeping a very close eye on both Princess site and individual airline sites to make sure everything is kosher.  In fact, for my cruise which starts the very end of August, I was able to pick out both flights' seats, even the overseas one!  Thought I would have to wait on the overseas one until paid, but not so.  So I am a happy camper.............  so far that is!  But brt49 has made me decide to keep as close an eye on my flights on the Princess site as on the airlines'. 

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands

8 hours ago, bj24 said:

You can check for new flights and see what is offered.  If you don't like the options just return to your personalizer without confirming the change.  

LEtue - I did as you suggested. My flight is still offered, but it’s just about twice the cost now!  So should I assume Princess is not going to honor the price I received?  Guess I should have paid for them when booking instead of using flexible and waiting.

7 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Now I haven't been keeping a close eye on this stuff, but seems to me the majority of the time when a problem with flights do occur it does seem to be with a Delta Flight.  Now I know others out there will say au contraire, but just as a quick observation, it seems this way, to me.  I have done EZ air twice, and because of this observation, true or not, I have stayed away from booking a Delta flight even if cheaper.  I have dealt with United and Air Canada.  So far, and I am holding my breath, the only changes I have encountered is change in time (like 9:50a.m. to 9:56a.m. and 7:25p.m. to 7:20p.m.) and to my surprise, My Personalizer in Princess is keeping up with the changes in time!  

But I am keeping a very close eye on both Princess site and individual airline sites to make sure everything is kosher.  In fact, for my cruise which starts the very end of August, I was able to pick out both flights' seats, even the overseas one!  Thought I would have to wait on the overseas one until paid, but not so.  So I am a happy camper.............  so far that is!  But brt49 has made me decide to keep as close an eye on my flights on the Princess site as on the airlines'. 

Pooh

Yeah, this was the first time I booked Air France ( code shared with Delta, didn't notice at the time) but I will make sure I don't book with them again.

14 minutes ago, bj24 said:

Question - If I have to book another flight through EZ air, would paying immediately stop Princess from dropping my flight?

Yes, it will stop Princess from dropping your flight, (but won't stop the airline from dropping it, of course). If you book your flight with Princess and then specifically request them to ticket the flight, you will pay for it at the time, the flight then is no longer Flexible but a ticketed, restricted flight. Once ticketed, any changes in the flight in time, flight numbers, routing, you then deal directly with the airlines in the standard manner.

44 minutes ago, bj24 said:

LEtue - I did as you suggested. My flight is still offered, but it’s just about twice the cost now!  So should I assume Princess is not going to honor the price I received?  Guess I should have paid for them when booking instead of using flexible and waiting.

I thought the price you booked with was guaranteed until payment time.

I had an issue last week or so.  I booked flights through EZ Air for Alaska.  Two changes of planes in order to get to Fairbanks.  Booked it many months ago.  American Airlines.  No notification but I noticed on my personalizer my flights showed me changing planes in Texas.  I didn't think I had that so I checked further and discovered on American's website that my FIRST flight from home no longer existed.  That explains the changes.  Unfortunately the last leg has a 7 1/2 hour layover!!!!  No thanks.  I looked on EZ air but no alternative combination of flights and prices looked good.  I called Princess who advised me it was changed about 5 days before.  I asked if there were any other flights for the last leg that were earlier so I wouldn't have the long layover AND that I would not have to pay more.  She called EZ air department and to my surprise they put me on a flight much earlier and didn't charge me more!  Color me happy 😉

• Like 1

We are using EZ Air again this year.  (Last year, the experience wasn't too terrific.) We booked the flights months in advance.  Delta and Air Canada to and from Europe. The fares were a bit better than we could get otherwise, so that was  ok.  I tried to get seats a week or two after final payment to Princess, but was told by the airlines we could not do so until we had paid for them.   I called Princess and it took nearly an hour on the phone to arrange to have them to pay for the flights.  They finally did, and we got seats.  I was surprised that they hadn't paid for the flights right after we made final payment.  

So, while the entire thing was a bit frustrating and definitely more time consuming than it should have been, it worked out.  The flight schedule has changed a bit since we originally booked, but it's not bad.

Ohiodoglover

Don’t forget that some airlines are having to scramble and reschedule flights due to the grounding of the Boeing Max aircraft. American Airlines just canceled or changed flights through August because of additional ship Ft ware problems. 

EZAir is just a booking system. They’re scrambling, too, to rebook passengers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

Don’t forget that some airlines are having to scramble and reschedule flights due to the grounding of the Boeing Max aircraft. American Airlines just canceled or changed flights through August because of additional ship Ft ware problems. 

EZAir is just a booking system. They’re scrambling, too, to rebook passengers. 

That's why AA was advising me to contact the booking agent ASAP (Princess EZAir). That's all they would say & said it multiple times during the 2 minute call (July cruise). Air Canada lists 737max8  .... 😳

That's how I found out my United NS SFO to Montreal in November changed planes / lost seat assignment / selected again online. 

Bottom line: it's a Boeing plane issue

4 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I thought the price you booked with was guaranteed until payment time.

No, it is just a reservation and you can shop all of your options up until the final date reflected.  

In the past I have taken full advantage of the extra time and have often made changes to better flight times - or to take advantage of lower fares.   My experience with EZ Air has been great but as mentioned but the airlines are having issues with aircraft this year.  

31 minutes ago, LEtue said:

No, it is just a reservation and you can shop all of your options up until the final date reflected.  

In the past I have taken full advantage of the extra time and have often made changes to better flight times - or to take advantage of lower fares.   My experience with EZ Air has been great but as mentioned but the airlines are having issues with aircraft this year.  

Yes I know but the OP said that because he didn't pay for it at time of booking he had to pay the going rate which was higher.

I had a similar situation with EZ Air this past week and also 2 weeks ago.  Delta cancelled their flight I had booked through EZ Air.  I called, rebooked a more expensive flight and Princess honored my original price for our bus. class seats.

Then this past week, the same thing happened again.  *Wonderful* Delta cancelled our flight from ATL-SAN and put us on 2 more flights from ATL to get us home.  That makes 3 flights and I didn't pay $2500 for 3 flights home.  I paid for 1 stop, not 2.   Delta has us getting into ATL 38 minutes AFTER our next flight.  (Note to self:  do not book Delta!)   This time, Princess wouldn't honor the price change for a similar flight..  We cancelled our EZ Air completely.