EZ Air - Bad Experience.

brt49

1 hour ago, brt49 said:

Same hear. My Transatlantic flight is not on a Max.

My United wasn't either but they switched out multiple flights to accommodate as many as possible, my Air Canada still is & anticipating a domino effect but because I have insurance +EZAIR Princess will put me up overnight if I can't get out of Montreal last minute 😊

Or so my PVP stated in a (saved) email 

Edited by Ombud

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

Yes I know but the OP said that because he didn't pay for it at time of booking he had to pay the going rate which was higher.

I'm confused, too.  Every time our Flexible EZ Air fare has increased, our price has not changed.  If it goes down prior to 45 days pre-departure, I get the lower price.  In fact, I think that fares not increasing is one of their selling points, isn't it?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I'm confused, too.  Every time our Flexible EZ Air fare has increased, our price has not changed.  If it goes down prior to 45 days pre-departure, I get the lower price.  In fact, I think that fares not increasing is one of their selling points, isn't it?

Yes

6 hours ago, OhioDogLover said:

I tried to get seats a week or two after final payment to Princess, but was told by the airlines we could not do so until we had paid for them.   I called Princess and it took nearly an hour on the phone to arrange to have them to pay for the flights.  They finally did, and we got seats.  I was surprised that they hadn't paid for the flights right after we made final payment.  

We use a travel agent and have always (on 4 cruises) instructed her to inform Princess that we want Princess to pay for the air tickets immediately after we make final payment.  On 3 cruises that was done within hours.  On our upcoming cruise I made final payment on a Friday afternoon and the tickets were recorded as purchased on the airline's website on the following Monday morning.

7 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

^^^^^^ 100% correct. Obtaining the cheaper fare assumes, of course, that you are monitoring EZAir and rebooking as required.

Edited by racj846

13 hours ago, OhioDogLover said:

I tried to get seats a week or two after final payment to Princess, but was told by the airlines we could not do so until we had paid for them.   I called Princess and it took nearly an hour on the phone to arrange to have them to pay for the flights.  They finally did, and we got seats.  I was surprised that they hadn't paid for the flights right after we made final payment.  

Ohiodoglover

The advantage of flexible fares is the ability to make changes up to (approx) 45 days before cruise departure date. Even though you have made final payment, payment is not made to the airlines until the 45 day point, thus providing the advertised flexibility.

As a bi-product, not paying the airlines for the tickets does, depending on the airline,  make it difficult if not impossibe to get seats.  Instructing Princess to pay for the tickets at the time of final payment generally eliminates that issue, but you have then lost your flexibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bj24 said:

Update - Talked to Princess this morning. They were able to restore my flight with oringal price and seat assignments 😃. So all good with me.  

Not sure when you originally called but don't call Princess on a weekend when their air department is closed.

Glad it all worked out!

7 hours ago, bj24 said:

Update - Talked to Princess this morning. They were able to restore my flight with oringal price and seat assignments 😃. So all good with me.  

That is great news! It restores my faith in EZ Air. This fall, we have a fantastic deal on business class flights for our transatlantic and I know I would be very unhappy if problems occurred. Last year we had a similar situation occur with Viking Cruise Lines and it was months after we had paid for the cruise and the flights. It took days to get sorted. I'm so glad it worked out.

17 hours ago, Jessejo said:

I booked our July, 2019 flights thru EZAir.  I paid early in order to select our seats as we need extra legroom.  Princess (not the airline) has notified me twice of flight number changes.  

Of course, because Princess is now out of the picture,  however your flights still might change and so can your seats...but, u knew that. Nothing in stone with any airline.

Edited by land lover

On 4/20/2019 at 7:15 PM, brt49 said:

Booked my flights for my 8/17/19 - 8/31/19 cruise on Emerald Princess within a week or two of them being available. Business class. Air Canada on the way there. Air France operated by Delta on the way back.

Last week I decide to check my flights after getting an email from Delta saying the second leg, Atlanta to Pittsburgh was pushed back a few hours. Longer layover no big deal. But the kicker my flight from Barcelona to Atlanta had disappeared. 

The flight is still available, just not on EZ Air.

I called Princess and she confirmed that while the flight still exists, it is no longer an option for EZ Air.

No email, no alert from Princess.

The outcome being having to rebook a different itinerary at an additional cost of around $375.00 per person.

This is my first negative experience with EZ Air, but is this a common occurrence or just bad luck?

OP when I first read this I was like what? So glad I read thru the thread before responding......and glad things were rectified.

I suggest to anyone that uses EZ-air to not cancel and pay more for a flight, even if instructed my a Princess Rep.

OP I had the same situation as you on 2 occasions. One flight like yours dropped from availability on EZ-Air, it was a small 80 person jet, prime time, but still showed on Delta's site.

Have you decided to pay for your flight in full at this time, I would?

Edited by land lover
  • Like 1

I always book as soon as the flights become available and keep a constant eye on prices.  I've re-fared 6 times, saving $300 pp on my next cruise.  On my last EZ Air, Delta kept changing things around.  When I went to check in online, I couldn't.  Evidently when Delta changes your flight, either plane or flight number the code changes.  EZ Air received the change but didn't change it in my itinerary.  It took an hour on the phone to be fixed.  Just a heads up.  

I have to call Princess tomorrow. We're booked for a fall flight from Sacramento to Seattle to London. EZ Air says my flight now has a problem. I checked the EZ Air listings and I see the EXACT SAME FLIGHTS I had booked are still listed with one minor change. The first leg leaves 9 minutes earlier. Delta went ahead and changed me to a flight that goes from Sacramento to LAX to Seattle to London. EZ Air flagged it because the flight out of Seattle leaves an hour before the plane even gets to Seattle! EZ Air now lists the same itinerary I have booked - with the first leg leaving 9 minutes earlier - but it's something like $50 more per person. What a crock. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get them to drop the idiotic flight that is physically impossible (I'm sure they will do that) and ask them to reinstate my original itinerary (including the 9 minute change) and not charge me the extra money that the site is now showing. As usual, whenever I have a problem with a flight, it's Delta that's the problem. I don't think I've ever had a Delta flight that wasn't changed in some bizarre fashion.

Question: Once flights are booked with EZ Air aren't the prices locked in so that a change by the airline doesn't raise the price? Is that the case or is it only the case if you call and insist that they pay for the flight immediately?

On 4/22/2019 at 6:23 PM, land lover said:

OP when I first read this I was like what? So glad I read thru the thread before responding......and glad things were rectified.

I suggest to anyone that uses EZ-air to not cancel and pay more for a flight, even if instructed my a Princess Rep.

OP I had the same situation as you on 2 occasions. One flight like yours dropped from availability on EZ-Air, it was a small 80 person jet, prime time, but still showed on Delta's site.

Have you decided to pay for your flight in full at this time, I would?

I rebooked on British Airways on what I think is a better itinerary. Instead of Barcelona to Atlanta, 5 hour layover, Atlanta to Pittsburgh. I'm now Barcelona to London, 3 hour layover, London to Pittsburgh. Flying Business. The lounges in Terminal 5 are a nice spot to spend the time. I would much rather have the longer flight second. While it cost my and extra $750.00, if I tried to book the same itinerary Pittsburgh to Rome. Barcelona to Pittsburgh on my own it would much higher than 5k I'm paying now.

3 minutes ago, brt49 said:

I rebooked on British Airways on what I think is a better itinerary. Instead of Barcelona to Atlanta, 5 hour layover, Atlanta to Pittsburgh. I'm now Barcelona to London, 3 hour layover, London to Pittsburgh. Flying Business. The lounges in Terminal 5 are a nice spot to spend the time. I would much rather have the longer flight second. While it cost my and extra $750.00, if I tried to book the same itinerary Pittsburgh to Rome. Barcelona to Pittsburgh on my own it would much higher than 5k I'm paying now.

Great flights. Glad you got it worked out.

On Med cruises I always try and book a flight from the ship to a European city then direct to Denver.

I hate flying to the US then still having to catch a flight to Denver.

I spent several hours on the phone this morning - most of it on hold. Waited a looooooooong time and then they hung up. Tried again and had a loooooooong wait again. Finally got someone who said I couldn't speak with EZ Air myself but they would "help". I explained that Delta had change my flights from SMF> SEA>HLR to be SMF>LAX>SEA>LHR and the Seattle flight now left a full hour before we arrived in Seattle. Sigh... I told her my original flights were still available and the only change was the first leg leaves 9 minutes earlier. Long wait on hold... She comes back and offers me a flight on United. I stopped her right there and said I wanted my original flight with Virgin Atlantic at the original price and there was no reason not to get it back as, like I said above, the only change was the first flight leaves 9 minutes earlier. Another loooooooooooooong time on hold (all the time waiting for the system to drop me again) and she finally came back and I got the original flights restored. The were now listed at $100 more per person but we got the original cost. What a stupid pain in the neck. If one could only speak with EZ Air directly this could have been fixed in just a few minutes.

Of course Delta will probably screw with the flights again before it's time to leave. Delta seems to love screwing with people's flights. We once had a flight booked from Sacramento to Seattle to Fairbanks and Delta changed it to Sacramento to Los Angeles to Minneapolis/St Paul, to Fairbanks. No... freaking... way. I had to fight to get that fixed as well and finally ended up with our original flights restored. Delta is pure evil.

Is it a better (safer) idea to pay for the flights obtained through EZAIr BEFORE making final payment on the cruise?  We booked nonstop Newark NJ to LHR on Delta (scary?) operated by Virgin Atlantic (also picked out seats for both of our flights), and coming home LHR to Newark non-stop on United.  Great price.  Can the flights be dropped / changed, or some other unforeseen issue, happen if the flights have already been paid for?  Our TA said they would be paid once we made final payment for the cruise.  Wondering the best plan for our first overseas (and hopefully not last) trip.

Thanks for any suggestions.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, Thrak said:

.......... Delta is pure evil.

Doesn't

Ever

Leave

The

Airport

Got to agree with you Thrak. We've got business class EZ Air booked late fall, TUS-LAX-LHR-FCO on American and British Airways. I could book Delta 😈 flights for $200 pp less. Not gonna do it!