Live - Harmony of the Seas 4/21/19

HI, I will be providing daily updates, as well as creating a daily VLOG (probably uploading the vlog every few days. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified).  I will try to answer any Harmony questions that I can.

PRE CRUISE TRAVEL DAY (Sat 4/20)

We had an afternoon flight at 3:25 out of PHL. The airport was empty when we arrived, breezed through check in and TSA precheck. We hung out at the Centurion Lounge and then boarded our flight. The flight was uneventful and we landed about 15 minutes late. I was relieved because of all the storms and cancellations on Friday.

We took the airport shuttle to the Hampton Inn Airport/Cruise port north. We stayed here based on the reviews and it was 50K Hhonors points. Hotel was ok, bed wasn’t too comfortable, I think I would go with the Embassy Suites on 17th street next time.

We ate at a pizza place across the street. It was ok, but on the expensive side. $18 for a large cheese pizza, we are used to paying around $12 in South Jersey.

• Like 2

We've used the Embassy Suites on 17th for our last couple of cruises.  Probably won't do it again.  It was a zoo.  Service and quality seem to have gone downhill for the price.  If you're getting a free night with HHonors points though, it's a good location.

The Hampton lobby /breakfast area was great at 6:00 am, later in the morning it was a Zoo as well.  They have a shuttle to the port, believe they told someone $10 pp. We will do uber as it will be cheaper and don't want to deal with shuttles.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fligster said:

Plenty of outlets and they have this usb charger as well. It's 2:39 and we have our luggage .

B3CC2C4E-DE97-4D0C-9C9B-D27B3BEF9921.jpeg

Interesting that the plugs are labeled differently (i.e. Smart vs iPhone vs Android).  I'd be willing to bet that they're all identical...all 5V and all the same amperage.

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Fligster, judging by the view I’d guess you are in 1726?

Yes, only this one and same on opposite was available when we upgraded from grand suite. But other had connecting door.

10 minutes ago, fligster said:

Yes, only this one and same on opposite was available when we upgraded from grand suite. But other had connecting door.

Very nice upgrade. I think you will enjoy deck 17.   

4 minutes ago, PapaSquatch said:

Following. At some point, can you post what the live shows are this year on Liberty? Looking to going in October.  Thank you, have fun!

We are on Harmony, I can most those if you want

• Haha 1