Live - Harmony of the Seas 4/21/19

I love that you are from S. Jersey and your kid has to have a Philly from Geno's at the airport before leaving. Unless you are far enough out from the city that it's actually a treat to have it handy before the flight.

I will be following from out here in the cheap seats. Cannot even really imagine staying in a suite like that. Enjoy, looking forward to the rest! I like your concise video editing! 

We are sailing on Harmony on July 7th. Flying in on the 6th and staying at the Residence Inn coca Beach in cape Canaveral. I need to get from airport to the hotel. Any suggestions on shuttles or should I just Uber. I have never ubered before but I am getting everyone suggestions to uber. I rather have a transfer set in advance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lovacruz said:

We are sailing on Harmony on July 7th. Flying in on the 6th and staying at the Residence Inn coca Beach in cape Canaveral. I need to get from airport to the hotel. Any suggestions on shuttles or should I just Uber. I have never ubered before but I am getting everyone suggestions to uber. I rather have a transfer set in advance. 

Most of the hotels seem to have shuttles you can check with them. Lyft was easy and cost is $16 including tip rather than $30 for the shuttle. The shuttle at our hotel seemed like a zoo with everyone eating and their luggage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

I love that you are from S. Jersey and your kid has to have a Philly from Geno's at the airport before leaving. Unless you are far enough out from the city that it's actually a treat to have it handy before the flight.

I will be following from out here in the cheap seats. Cannot even really imagine staying in a suite like that. Enjoy, looking forward to the rest! I like your concise video editing! 

It's about 35 minutes to Genos for us. We have done it a couple of times when going somewhere else, but parking is a mess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovacruz said:

We are also sailing on the 7th.   Can't wait.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lovacruz said:

3 hours ago, fligster said:

Most of the hotels seem to have shuttles you can check with them. Lyft was easy and cost is $16 including tip rather than $30 for the shuttle. The shuttle at our hotel seemed like a zoo with everyone eating and their luggage. 

3 hours ago, Bem15963 said:

We are also sailing on the 7th.   Can't wait.

I sense some confusion here. Flig is sailing out of Ft Lauderdale (Pt Everglades) not Pt Canaveral. Harmony begins sailing out of PC in May.

MCO is much further away from PC than PE is from FLL. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, fligster said:

11:24 walked right on ship, no waiting.  Pictures on here will be from iPhone XS Max. Vlog is canon g7x mark Ii and GoPro 7

2065293C-ADE4-49F1-9809-764C91708D94.jpeg

When you get a chance, let us know what you think of the GoPro.  Thinking about getting a Hero7 Black...

5 hours ago, A2Mich said:

When you get a chance, let us know what you think of the GoPro.  Thinking about getting a Hero7 Black...

We have a GoPro 5 and 7. The 7 has a better interface and much better stabilization. I love the GoPro. All the centurion lounge video from the travel day vlog was shot on the GoPro, since can do 120 frames per second for slow mo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fligster said:

We have a GoPro 5 and 7. The 7 has a better interface and much better stabilization. I love the GoPro. All the centurion lounge video from the travel day vlog was shot on the GoPro, since can do 120 frames per second for slow mo.

I also like using the time lapse on my new Hero 7.  

After changing from the GoPro 3 to the 7, the battery life doesn't seem to last as long.  In Alaska with the 3 I was able to film the entire glacier experience, from sailing into the channel to exiting which was about 3 hours.  My 7 battery fully charged didn't last for a Miami sail away, from pre-muster to getting out of the channel.  That was under 2 hours and that was with the screen going to sleep.

Otherwise I like my new 7.

Great pics and wonderful suite you have. I'll enjoy following along.

NOTE: Please don't quote pictures on a live blog. Our gracious host has slow internet and will have to wait for the quoted pics to load before giving us new content.

• Like 3