diamond lounge access for non diamond family member

Every cruise we’ve been on lately they check everyone for the first few days until they got to know us, then occasionally checked when they didn’t recognize someone. On our last cruise they politely had to tell many people to leave on various nights.

Our only experience with non diamond guests in the diamond lounge was about 10 years ago.  Our kids, all diamond members, were with us. Our son was the only one that was 21 and he had brought along a friend. After the second night the concierge asked me why my son didn't come in and have a drink. I told him that he was drinking with his friend and the concierge quickly said for both of them to come and enjoy the lounge!  On that cruise the diamond lounge was empty, so it was very nice of him to offer. I don't think it would happen today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Our only experience with non diamond guests in the diamond lounge was about 10 years ago.  Our kids, all diamond members, were with us. Our son was the only one that was 21 and he had brought along a friend. After the second night the concierge asked me why my son didn't come in and have a drink. I told him that he was drinking with his friend and the concierge quickly said for both of them to come and enjoy the lounge!  On that cruise the diamond lounge was empty, so it was very nice of him to offer. I don't think it would happen today.

I've seen them make exceptions even this year. But don't expect it. Be happy if they allow it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, healthworker said:

happy easter everyone!

I know there have been old posts on this topic,can't find any recent ones.  If I am travelling alone with my daughter (in her twenties) and I am diamond and she is not quite there yet, will they let her in lounge? what about celebrity?

thanks!

Go to the loyalty desk and tell him she's your daughter. He will change her status to match yours....she's diamond now. 

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Every cruise we’ve been on lately they check everyone for the first few days until they got to know us, then occasionally checked when they didn’t recognize someone. On our last cruise they politely had to tell many people to leave on various nights.

That reminds me of the concierge on the Enchantment. Shortly after 5:00 she would pick up her clipboard and face the room. Once she started checking cabin numbers about 1/4 of the room would get up and walk out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I love these kind of comments.    How could you possibly know the C&A  level of those sitting at the schooner bar.    Many, including me, don’t wear any C&A pin  and don’t wear a room key on the lanyard that might expose the crown and anchor level   

So,  since you know this information,  Where are you sitting with the diamond plus and Pinnaces  and commenting on those passing through for free drink, or were you walking to the lounge to enjoy a cocktail ( for free) in the diamond lounge?   

enjoy

m

Has your nametag shown up yet?

26 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

That reminds me of the concierge on the Enchantment. Shortly after 5:00 she would pick up her clipboard and face the room. Once she started checking cabin numbers about 1/4 of the room would get up and walk out.

I've really never experienced that.

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

I hope everyone that heard that comment all laughed at her and applauded the DLC.

We are very fortunate to have the DL and were happy when we qualified for entry.

Well done to the DLC.

I think we all know that non diamond guests are not allowed in and the 3 drinks in other bars is very fair if you want to drink with non diamond friends during cocktail hours.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Has your nametag shown up yet?

Yes, but rarely used on a cruise.    I wear it for embarkation ( as suggested by several friends) and then that is really all.  

ENJOY the TA.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, biomedbob said:

I agree that the DL is losing appeal.  On the Grandeur the DL can only be accessed by walking through the Schooner Bar.  It's become a gathering place for D+ and P's to sit and comment on the freeloaders passing through.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, as we are still 2 cruises away from qualifying for diamond status, but who are the “ freeloaders” you are referring to?  It sounds as if you mean those at diamond status.  I hate to hear this because we have been looking forward to moving up in loyalty.  Is it true diamonds are looked down upon, or am I misreading your comment.

2 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Just wondering if you are permitted to order the three drinks loaded on seapass and give away one to non diamond family member? Thanks for all the info provided so far. Want to play by the rules

No.  This is not permitted

6 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Just wondering if you are permitted to order the three drinks loaded on seapass and give away one to non diamond family member? 

Sure, no problem, unless the welcome letter in your cabin expressly forbids it.

Edited by Biker19

9 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Just wondering if you are permitted to order the three drinks loaded on seapass and give away one to non diamond family member? Thanks for all the info provided so far. Want to play by the rules

Has not been a problem for us, but some have reported being denied this.

2 hours ago, healthworker said:

The three voucher drinks are intended for your consumption, but I doubt anybody will notice if one were subtly passed along.