Anyone have experience with Riviera balcony cabin and mobility scooter?

rucruisn2

38 minutes ago, rucruisn2 said:

I have a Pride mobility scooter and will be going on the Riviera in a regular balcony cabin.  Will my scooter fit in the cabin?  I know it cannot be left in the hallway. Thanks for any advice you may have.

It should fit. It will be a bit tough by the bed as there's not much space between the bed & the wall. I'd suggest parking it close to the balcony door.

You may be better off contacting Oceania  special services dept

it will depend on the width of the scooter & if it will fit through the door

& would  doubt it would fit past the bed/desk area

My DH has a Pride GoGo Elite Traveller and its a tough fit in a regular balcony cabin.  We have to remove the arm rests on the scooter so it can fit through the cabin door. The other thing is you have to maneuver the scooter so that it’s a straight shot into the cabin or else you can scrape the doorway and the scooter.  If you can walk a bit, you might want to consider taking the scooter apart to store it in the cabin. 

www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan has detailed pics on page 2 of a veranda stateroom and bath.  Yes, there are bars in tub and shower.  This 4 page website was written by a couple, one of which used a scooter.  Their comments are quite insightful regarding accessibility.  Without reading all 4 pages right now, I seem to recall that the Preismans requested the coffee table to be removed for better mobility and storage for the scooter. But don't hold me to that.  Hope this helps.  

-Katie

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, rucruisn2 said:

Good ideas, the scooter is no wider than a person is so I'm sure it will fit in the doorway, if necessary we can take it apart it guess.

We're not quite Scooter users yet, but often travel with family members who are.

The trick is in having a scooter with an easily detachable battery.

Getting the Scooter through the door with the battery attached is backbreaking work.

I'd also suggest traveling with an appropriate extension cord as you may wish to charge the battery on the floor.

Counter space, and outlets in a cruise ship cabin are at a premium.

Edited by StanandJim