Alaskan Eats Recommendatios Request

masterdrago

I'm sitting here poking around to find good spots to partake of eats while in Alaska in several weeks. I would like to get some feedback from the experience of CC regulars and others that have done Alaska. DW and I have come up with this list for our pre-cruise portion of eateries. Any comments on these would be appreciated. We still have not looked at Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point, & Ketchikan

Anchorage:    Simon & Seaforts / 420 "L" Street Anchorage, AK 99501 | (907) 274-3502
            (Lunch or Dinner)

49th State Brewing Company / 717 West 3rd Ave/ Anchorage, Alaska 99501  
            (907) 277 7727  (Lunch probably)

Wasilla:        The Grape Tap / 322 N Boundary St / Wasilla 907-376-8466
            (Lunch or Mid Day or Dinner)

Tug Bar / Mile 185 Knik Goose Bay Rd / Wasilla 907-376-5720
            (Breakfast or Lunch)

Talkeetna:    Denali Brewpub / 13605 E Main Street / Talkeetna (907) 733-2537
            (Lunch)

Foraker Restaurant / Talkeeta Alaskan Lodge
            (Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner)

Wildflower Café / Main Street Suites / Talkeetna (907) 733-2695
            (Lunch)

Flying Squirrel Bakery & Café / Mile 11 Talkeetna Spur / 907-733-6887
            (Breakfast or Lunch)

Denali:        Grand Denali Lodge – Alpenglow Restaurant

229 Parks Restaurant – Denali National Park Rd – Milepost 229.7 Parks Hwy
            (907) 683-2567 (Dinner)

49th State Brewing Company / Mile 248.4 Parks Hwy. Healy, Alaska 99743
            907 683 2739

Prospectors Pizza / Milepost 238.9 Parks Hwy / Denali Park, AK 907-683-7437

Girdwood:    Jack Sprat / 165 Olympic Mountain Loop / Girdwood (907) 783-5225
            (Lunch or Dinner)

7 Glaciers 😊 Aleska Resort on the Mountain
            (Dinner – already have reservations 5/21)

Bore Tide Deli / 1000 Arlberg Ave / Alyeska Resort
            (Lunch)

Seward:      Ray’s Waterfront / 1316 Fourth Ave / Seward 907-224-5606
            (Lunch or Dinner)

Windsong Lodge Resurrection Roadhouse

Edited by masterdrago

In Anchorage, we enjoyed breakfast at Snow City Cafe (they take reservations for breakfast!!), Moose's Tooth Pizzeria and Glacier Brewhouse.

Talkeetna we loved Denali Brewpub (and were able to sit outside).

Denali - 49th State Brewing was our worst meal of the trip - poor service, bad taste to the fries and overall food was not good.  Beer was fine though 🙂.  We did enjoy a meal at Denali Salmon Bake and an ice cream afterward at Glacier Scoops!

Seward - we ate lunch at Seward Brewing, which came highly recommended.  It's near the Alaska SeaLife Center and it was really good!

Our husbands are really into brewpubs, so that was our choice most of the time. 

2 hours ago, Bearvet said:

In Anchorage, we enjoyed breakfast at Snow City Cafe (they take reservations for breakfast!!), Moose's Tooth Pizzeria and Glacier Brewhouse.

Those are my recommendations for Anchorage as well.

3 hours ago, Bearvet said:

Denali - 49th State Brewing was our worst meal of the trip - poor service, bad taste to the fries and overall food was not good.  Beer was fine though 🙂.  We did enjoy a meal at Denali Salmon Bake and an ice cream afterward at Glacier Scoops!

Seward - we ate lunch at Seward Brewing, which came highly recommended.  It's near the Alaska SeaLife Center and it was really good!

DW is really into the brewpubs and those might be our first choices for lunch and breaks. I want to get into the local type stuff, not necessarily the big, fancy places like Alyska Resort. But I have to be fair since she is letting me pack 20# of camera gear 🙂

5 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

Double Musky in Girdwood.  

F Street Station in Anchorage and Snow City Cafe. 

Lavelle’s Bistro in Fairbanks.

Have you looked on Trip Advisor?

Most of the list that DW made was from my input from Google Earth and searched in Trip Advisor b4 making an addition the her list.

8 hours ago, Bearvet said:

I've read and heard here on CC about Moose's Tooth -  good things. 49th State gets a 4.5 with ~1600 reviews on TA but I'm not much into pizza and fries while touring Alaska. Their Healy location looked to have a good menu and ambiance. We're on so many tours and excursions that we just want to pre-prepare for grabbing lunch. We both prefer local atmosphere.

In Wasilla, Krazy Moose Subs is a great place for a good sandwich. Abby's Home Cooking does an excellent breakfast. And 10 miles east of Wasilla is Palmer, which has Humdinger's Gourmet Pizza or the Palmer Ale House. And there's several microbreweries, including BearPaw River, Bleeding Heart and the Matanuska Brewing Company.

http://www.bearpawriverbrewing.com/

https://bleedingheartbrewery.com/

http://matanuskabrewing.com/#Brewery