Which ship for Norway coastal voyage

Homerody

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

I'm hoping you all can give us info on these 2 ships so we can decide on which one. We plan on booking with full board.

I have not sailed Vesterålen - smaller ship and refurbished end of 2019 - I think you should have a look at the cabins and decide based on cabin - food onboard will be the same.
Make sure to look for Northern Lights when sailing along Lofoten.

Enjoy your cruising, your stay in Tromsø and Copenhagen.

This is what what to expect during winter (Northern Lights review).

For your reference two recent videos from Kong Harald and Trollfjord - both nice ships.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

Thanks so much hallasm! I had a look … the Daily programs were very helpful, but please can you redo the Day 4 and 6 because both pages are Page 1 (i.e. page 2 is missing). 

I know Vesteralen is much smaller, but I think I read somewhere it has no stabilizers …. but we'll see. I'd like to hear from anyone about Vesteralen though.

41 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

the Daily programs were very helpful, but please can you redo the Day 4 and 6 because both pages are Page 1

Thank you - I’ll update Daily Program day 4 and 6.

No stabilizers - be prepared when crossing Stadthavet and Hustavik north of Bergen.

Hope some Vesterålen guests will post. In general not many Hurtigruten cruisers at CC.

Thank you to all those who have contributed to this topic, there is some really useful information from seasoned Hurtigruten cruisers. (had to laugh, spell check wanted to change Hurtigruten to Overtighten 😂)

We are considering October 2021 Classic Round Voyage so will be keeping a close eye on this topic.

With a non refundable 20% deposit being asked, how far out would be the best time to take the plunge? Do cabins at peak NL times sell out quickly?

1 hour ago, Wansbrough said:

We are considering October 2021 Classic Round Voyage so will be keeping a close eye on this topic.

With a non refundable 20% deposit being asked, how far out would be the best time to take the plunge? Do cabins at peak NL times sell out quickly?

With a departure every day you’ll alway be able to book a voyage at short notice - just note that ships and cabins are very different - the best cabins might sell out.

Also from January 2021 Hurtigruten is only sailing seven of the eleven Round Voyages - Havila Kystruten will be sailing four of the Round Voyages. Havila booking is not yet available but will also be an option.
In addition Hurtigruten will start 12 night expedition voyages from Bergen to North Cape (Honningsvåg) with longer stop In ports.

Edited by hallasm
  • Thanks 1