Larger inside cabin on Aurora

aliandy

We have always had an outside cabin on our previous cruises (mainly with P & O) but decided to try an inside one this year. Really hoping we won't feel claustrophobic because of no window rather than the amount of room.  Would be interested to have feedback or comments, please.

3 minutes ago, aliandy said:

We have always had an outside cabin on our previous cruises (mainly with P & O) but decided to try an inside one this year. Really hoping we won't feel claustrophobic because of no window rather than the amount of room.  Would be interested to have feedback or comments, please.

Stayed in B114, larger inside cabin, it was fine.

It was our first cruise without a balcony, and although we had reservations, found it perfectly OK.

Has a sofa and was plenty big enough.

Now the TVs have been replaced, all should be good.

We have a balcony on our next one on Aurora in June, but Inside again at Christmas, so haven't been put off.

Andy

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Stayed in B114, larger inside cabin, it was fine.

It was our first cruise without a balcony, and although we had reservations, found it perfectly OK.

Has a sofa and was plenty big enough.

Now the TVs have been replaced, all should be good.

We have a balcony on our next one on Aurora in June, but Inside again at Christmas, so haven't been put off.

Andy

WE have only stayed in an inside on Aurora and it was fine.(We have also stayed in a balcony on other ships but for us it depends on the price difference etc)When we have had a balcony cabin we have spent more time in it than when we have an inside but with the lights on and large mirror(to help the cabin look larger)it hasn t felt claustrophobic to us. However we are thinking of doing a longer cruise on Aurora next year and are considering a larger inside.They all seem to be inter connecting.Does that make the walls paper thin?

5 minutes ago, ann141 said:

WE have only stayed in an inside on Aurora and it was fine.(We have also stayed in a balcony on other ships but for us it depends on the price difference etc)When we have had a balcony cabin we have spent more time in it than when we have an inside but with the lights on and large mirror(to help the cabin look larger)it hasn t felt claustrophobic to us. However we are thinking of doing a longer cruise on Aurora next year and are considering a larger inside.They all seem to be inter connecting.Does that make the walls paper thin?

Soundproofing is not Auroras biggest asset...

We could hear our neighbours, but fortunately they were not too loud, like I hope we wasn't.

The connecting doors have some sort of pad over them and I'm sure this helps, but certainly not a total solution.

Wouldnt hesitate to stay in one again, but like you, it is all about the deals available.

Andy

I can personally recommend A298 or A297 as they are larger inside cabins and we had no problems with noise.

They are also very convenient for access to the rear tiered stern of the ship and the Horizon Restaurant/Lido Deck.

Just don’t tell anyone else.😉

Edited by P-L-B

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Soundproofing is not Auroras biggest asset...

We could hear our neighbours, but fortunately they were not too loud, like I hope we wasn't.

The connecting doors have some sort of pad over them and I'm sure this helps, but certainly not a total solution.

Wouldnt hesitate to stay in one again, but like you, it is all about the deals available.

Andy

1 minute ago, P-L-B said:

I can personally recommend A298 or A297 as they are larger inside cabins and we had no problems with noise.

They are also very convenient for access to the rear tiered stern of the ship and the Horizon Restaurant/Lido Deck.

Thank you.We are sailing on Aurora (in an inside cabin) on Wednesday and are hoping to book another, longer cruise onboard so your comments have been extremely helpful 🙂 

10 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Thank you.We are sailing on Aurora (in an inside cabin) on Wednesday and are hoping to book another, longer cruise onboard so your comments have been extremely helpful 🙂 

Try and arrange to take a look at those cabins during you cruise.

I think you will be happy with the size and shape of those cabins.

Although not immediately obvious if you look very closely at the deck plans you will see that they are larger.

Have a great cruise.

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

Have a fantastic time.

Please let us know your thoughts on the refurbishment etc, we are on Aurora again in June and getting very excited.

Andy

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

With an inside cabin you will sleep really well (especially in the afternoons when it is dark in the cabin). Have a great cruise.

Great point.

Michelle was unwell (not cruise related) for a couple of days on our last trip and slept all day un disturbed.

I did the gallant thing and kept out of her way in Andersons with a G&T, only returning with plates of food from the buffet.

Andy

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Have a fantastic time.

Please let us know your thoughts on the refurbishment etc, we are on Aurora again in June and getting very excited.

Andy

Thank you.The photos of her refurb look good.Enjoy your cruise on her in June

Although we love Aurora, I would agree with Andy that sound insulation between cabins is poor. We have only had balcony cabins on her (no connecting doors) but can often hear our neighbours. Whenever we are in our cabin (or any hotel room anywhere, for that matter) we tend to talk quietly, but if you get neighbours who talk at full volume then it’s quite possible to hear their conversations. We did laugh one time when we heard the lady in the next cabin call her husband a “selfish pig”. We have had a few cruises on her where a neighbour has had prolonged sneezing fits as soon as they wake up (often very early) and it has woken us up. We were also woken at 6am every morning on one cruise with a neighbour turning their TV on, given that the ‘default volume’ is ludicrously loud and by the time they turned it down we had already been woken with a start. Hoping that they’ve sorted that with the new TV’s. Conversely, if you have considerate neighbours (as we try to be) you don’t hear a peep from them (other than the noisy drawers opening and closing). On our last cruise we heard constant talking one side and not a sound from the other, yet both cabins were occupied. 

We are in B122 (OE larger inside) on 13 May voyage on Aurora.  I'm an avid photographer so I'll make sure to take a ton of pics and post them up here when I get onboard.  Will then follow up with a cabin review later in the cruise so I can comment on noise.

Jenny

37 minutes ago, Legal Stylist said:

We are in B122 (OE larger inside) on 13 May voyage on Aurora.  I'm an avid photographer so I'll make sure to take a ton of pics and post them up here when I get onboard.  Will then follow up with a cabin review later in the cruise so I can comment on noise.

Jenny

That's great, thank you.We disembark Aurora as you embark. 🙂 

We disembark on the 27 May, so more than likely yes! 

I'll make sure that I get the photos up as quickly as possible after we board.  I'm looking forward to an inside on this cruise because it'll allow us to sleep in on sea days. Sunrise comes early in the Baltic regions! We've only ever had balconies on our previous two cruises so it will be a departure for us as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Legal Stylist said:

Jenny

If my memory serves me right, you are right by the doors that lead to the balcony at the front of deck B.

Not many people are aware of this and it is a nice peaceful place, especially for sail away.

Have a fantastic time.

Andy

1 minute ago, galeforce9 said:

Is that balcony usually open?  I remember it from 2000 on but on my return visit this Feb I found it to be closed

In December it was open.

One day the door was closed but our cabin steward happily opened it for us.

We managed to watch the ship navigate the lock in Amsterdam from the balcony in daylight, it was fascinating.

Andy

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

In December it was open.

One day the door was closed but our cabin steward happily opened it for us.

We managed to watch the ship navigate the lock in Amsterdam from the balcony in daylight, it was fascinating.

Andy

Thanks Andy 😁

• 1 month later...

As promised I'll attach some photos of our large inside B122.  If anyone has any questions let me know.  I will post a comprehensive review of the cruise and ship when I get home (am currently on the shuttle bus back to the north after leaving Aurora.)

IMG_20190513_164031.jpg

IMG_20190513_164239.jpg

IMG_20190513_164037.jpg

IMG_20190513_164040.jpg

IMG_20190513_164056.jpg

IMG_20190513_164052.jpg

IMG_20190513_164045.jpg

Thank you for the photos.We have booked this cabin for next year on Aurora.It looks about the same width as a standard inside cabin but is it just longer?I hope you enjoyed your cruise