Top ten pricing

wesport

I am looking at two of the current cruises that end today.  Both cruises are showing 65 plus balcony cabins left. Will the prices automatically be raised tomorrow or do they have a window where you can still get the sale price?

Might be a bit off topic, but ...  July's Greek island cruise is about 20% empty for the Ocean View and Veranda suites (vs total suite inventory).  I haven't looked at the other categories.  This being my first Seabourn cruise, I am looking forward to the enhanced service.  I guess I am going to be spoiled even more than I initially anticipated, if the occupancy rate stays where it is today!

They have extend the sale I think three times now.  I wonder if they will be going for four with all the empty suites.

6 hours ago, T^2 said:

Might be a bit off topic, but ...  July's Greek island cruise is about 20% empty for the Ocean View and Veranda suites (vs total suite inventory).  I haven't looked at the other categories.  This being my first Seabourn cruise, I am looking forward to the enhanced service.  I guess I am going to be spoiled even more than I initially anticipated, if the occupancy rate stays where it is today!

They have extend the sale I think three times now.  I wonder if they will be going for four with all the empty suites.

When they are showing a lot of suites empty I wouldn’t have thought this will be a realistic view as I presume it doesn’t take into account all the people who just book a “guaranteed veranda suite” and don’t get their allocation until a week before sailing ? (As we do) Wouldn’t it just be showing those who have booked specific suites?

That is why I am not in charge of anything/anyone, including myself!  Didn't think of that.  I was going by experience with another line where the guaranteed cabin was provided within a week of booking, several months out from the cruise.  I should have read the BIG PRINT on the web pages where you can select a guarantee or specific suite.  I am still looking forward to the cruise in 73 days.  YES!  I am counting.

I would watch for a 'Seabourn's cruise sales event'.  Those sales events usually have the best pricing.

We've been devoted SB cruisers since forever.  Our checkbook may not as deep as most SB passengers so I'm mindful of getting the best value for our dollar on the cruises we want to take.  We don't take cruises based on price (a.k.a. repositioning cruises)  but do watch for the best pricing on the cruises we want to go on.   We got NO deals on our cruise to Iceland due to it's popularity.  The 'per day' fares on our Caribbean cruises is less.  We're taking the Montreal to Mia cruise (for the third time) and I bagged a pretty good fare when SB recently announced a "special sale on select cruises event".   This fair went up a few days later.  SB, like everyone else, seems to use dynamic pricing and almost always fills their ships.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 2:53 AM, raphael360 said:

I would watch for a 'Seabourn's cruise sales event'.  Those sales events usually have the best pricing.

We've been devoted SB cruisers since forever.  Our checkbook may not as deep as most SB passengers so I'm mindful of getting the best value for our dollar on the cruises we want to take.  We don't take cruises based on price (a.k.a. repositioning cruises)  but do watch for the best pricing on the cruises we want to go on.   We got NO deals on our cruise to Iceland due to it's popularity.  The 'per day' fares on our Caribbean cruises is less.  We're taking the Montreal to Mia cruise (for the third time) and I bagged a pretty good fare when SB recently announced a "special sale on select cruises event".   This fair went up a few days later.  SB, like everyone else, seems to use dynamic pricing and almost always fills their ships.

Like yourselves we find that the pricing for the itinerary we want to go on reaches what we deem to be an acceptable level and we will book, it not we will cast the net elsewhere. As you have discussed on other forums sometimes it not only the Cruise price but the location that can be more enticing . We are based in New Zealand so cruises in the Caribbean whilst relatively cheap on a per night basis are horrendous when you throw in airfares  , conversely trips from Asia , Arabia and obviously Australia and New Zealand are more palatable for us .    That said the flights to Europe are very competitive with  Economy flights to London for as low as US 1000 And business for US 3000.

I just go to the Seabourn web site and work through the process as though I was booking a cruise.  I generally do this while sitting front of the tv going mind numb anyways.  It is a bit time consuming, but after a few times it gets to be quicker.  I select the different level of cabins (er, suites) and count how many are still showing as available.  As AnnieO pointed out, they may be available because "lots" of folks are playing suite roulette and not picking a suite until it gets assigned.

35 minutes ago, T^2 said:
36 minutes ago, T^2 said:

I just go to the Seabourn web site and work through the process as though I was booking a cruise.  I generally do this while sitting front of the tv going mind numb anyways.  It is a bit time consuming, but after a few times it gets to be quicker.  I select the different level of cabins (er, suites) and count how many are still showing as available.  As AnnieO pointed out, they may be available because "lots" of folks are playing suite roulette and not picking a suite until it gets assigned.

Thanks! I will try it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 5:06 AM, kowhairob said:

Like yourselves we find that the pricing for the itinerary we want to go on reaches what we deem to be an acceptable level and we will book, it not we will cast the net elsewhere. As you have discussed on other forums sometimes it not only the Cruise price but the location that can be more enticing . We are based in New Zealand so cruises in the Caribbean whilst relatively cheap on a per night basis are horrendous when you throw in airfares  , conversely trips from Asia , Arabia and obviously Australia and New Zealand are more palatable for us .    That said the flights to Europe are very competitive with  Economy flights to London for as low as US 1000 And business for US 3000.

We recently took our first and only Australian - New Zealand cruise.  It was a real "bucket list" cruise for us.  We flew coach as business class was over $13K US pp - yikes. That was February and I'm still shell shocked from the flying. With that said, we live in Florida and the Caribbean islands are only 2 hours away so we're taking a 24 day Caribbean holiday cruise 🙂