Silver Wind April 30 FLL/Tower Bridge

dusababy

Pretty much last call to sign up for M & M on this portion of the cruise.  There is also one for the New York May 3 embark group.   I've signed up for both, and look forward to meeting YOU.

Dusababy aka Mary Ann

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dusababy said:

Pretty much last call to sign up for M & M on this portion of the cruise.  There is also one for the New York May 3 embark group.   I've signed up for both, and look forward to meeting YOU.

Dusababy aka Mary Ann

What she said. 

Tothesunset,, 

Dusa  and I are (American ) Trivia fanatics...do you have any interest?  And any Aussies on this TA? The best teams are a good  mix of Nationalities...plus Jolly, but she’s not on this cruise. I’ve been hoping to learn from her for years.

I am SO ready to set sail!

9 hours ago, CruisinPashmina said:

Tothesunset,, 

Dusa  and I are (American ) Trivia fanatics...do you have any interest?  

Yeah, include us in. Keep your expectations of us low and we'll try to meet them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here’s a challenge .....where is  Brimary?? Any chance you’ll be Trivial with us?

As much as I truly love Trivia, some of the most fun teams i’ve been on have laughed  much more than done particularly well. 

Can’t wait to hug you, Dusa ! It’s been so many years since we first clicked....how many years? ‘Before the launch of the Spirit....several years earlier?? I remember darn near lying on the floor as I sailed into Lisbon harbor after the first Spirit crossing. I’m a pretty good sailor, but this was awfully rough.. You joined in Lisbon and we sailed across the Atlantic with zip problems...and i’ve Been on the Spirit a bunch of times since. Still love the Wind, Whisper and Shadow the best. 

I  board in NYC and continue on from Tower Bridge to the next segment around the UK...wish I could sail on  to Norway with wonderful old SS pals. By the time I learned that I had friends on the Norwegian segment it was too late..all was waitlisted. 

This cosiness is what has made Silversea so special, and it’s fans SO loyal. Always room for more lowkeyed people who “get it’! 

❤️🛳

• Like 1

Still living! Looking forward to joining the Wind on the 16th at Tower Bridge.In 21 years of sailing with Silversea have never been to Trivia for no particular reason other than enjoying an early evening cocktail at the pool bar as the pool area is quiet because many people have gone to Trivia! Promise to pop in and say hello to fellow cruise critic posters.Sorry you are not doing the scenic Norway cruise with us but look forward to seeing you on board.Enjoy the T/A crossing.

There are a large amount onboard staying on for this leg.... Mostly Brits

Swat up on phobias and collective nouns. Goldfinch charm and Nightingale Watch might be helpful. (I know Colin likes to regurgitate the same questions!)

Our team blows hot or cold.... We either win or come last! But as they say... It's the taking part that counts and we all certainly don't play for the prizes!

Enjoy...... There are a few changes but nothing too drastic..... We've just placed a hold on 2 further bookings, so it can't be that bad!

• Like 1

It's been a very relaxed well behaved cruise. I've not come across your friends. The only "issue" I've been aware of, is a gay couple who got an onboard upgrade into the owner's suite (2 doors away) and haven't left the room. The girls in the room next to ours have said there have been a few shouting matches and ship officers attended. I've not seen or heard a thing.

Amazingly a few nights we've crashed out straight after dinner... So alcohol has played no part in missing the noise.

Have made friends with several couples who I'm certain we'll see after the cruise ends. 3 nights left now and it's been a very enjoyable cruise. Three of the couple's are staying on to the Tower and have promised to take lots of photos of them on deck.

Special meal being prepared for us tomorrow night with the group mentioned... Indian... 

• Thanks 1

Mary Ann, Les, Tothesunset, CruisingPashmina, Gene & Lucille; Fair Winds and Following seas--hope y'all have a terrific cruise.  Look very forward to following along.

ps..Les, I did book the Muse in Feb. 2020 Syd to Syd.

Edited by WesW
  • Thanks 1

Each time we cruise I promise myself that I will do a cruise blog on here as comprehensive and amusing as those posted by several august members. 

Thankfully, I make that promise only to myself! 

But maybe this time... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, WesW said:

Mary Ann, Les, Tothesunset, CruisingPashmina, Gene & Lucille; Fair Winds and Following seas--hope y'all have a terrific cruise.  Look very forward to following along.

ps..Les, I did book the Muse in Feb. 2020 Syd to Syd.

THanks Wes -- we ALWAYS have a terrific cruise.   Haven't been on the Wind for a long time but it was our inaugural on Silversea -- fond memories and new ones to be made.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, les37b said:

It's been a very relaxed well behaved cruise. I've not come across your friends. 

Amazingly a few nights we've crashed out straight after dinner... So alcohol has played no part in missing the noise.

Special meal being prepared for us tomorrow night with the group mentioned... Indian... 

Well shoot!  I told them to look for the fella flying a drone and setting up cameras all over the ship.  You must be hard to spot this voyage. 😊

Sounds like you’ve had the perfect cruise, being able to truly relax and unwind.  Enjoy your special Indian meal.  I’ve found SS does a great job with Indian food.

1 hour ago, WesW said:

Les, I did book the Muse in Feb. 2020 Syd to Syd.

Wes, is this in addition to the March 2020 Sydney to Singapore voyage you booked after snagging those great first class seats on Korean Air and canceling the Regent Cruise?  If so, kudos!  You’re going to have a great winter down under.

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Well shoot!  I told them to look for the fella flying a drone and setting up cameras all over the ship.  You must be hard to spot this voyage. 😊

Sounds like you’ve had the perfect cruise, being able to truly relax and unwind.  Enjoy your special Indian meal.  I’ve found SS does a great job with Indian food.

Ive hardly bothered setting cameras this time... and only flew in Tortola.

I will for key west though. Hope it’s worth it!

• Like 2