Anchorage...questions and advice request

So we just booked for July on the Azamara Quest out of Seward.  We booked tickets into ANC for the 15th..... gets in at midnight.  YUK!!!  We plan to rent a car to take us to our AirBnb.  Drive around a few days to see the sights, turn in our car and get transportation down to Seward.  For those of you who have done this sort of thing, would like advice.  I guess, I need to start backwards.  How did you get to Seward?  Where did you catch the ride?  Trying to decide where to rent a car.  Big extra premium to rent at the airport, but have to consider we are arriving at midnight.  What are your you MUST SEE while we are in Anchorage.... since we have a car we can drive out of the area.  Thanks in advance for any and all help.

You'll get more answers posting on Alaska or West Coast Departures boards - there are several active US posters who don't tend to reply on the Canada boards. I've only done RT cruising so can't help with any personal experience of Seward/Anchorage... but if you need help with the Vancouver end of your cruise, ask away!