JUST FOR FUN...working on the ship

sgttami

I would love to be the Carnival Mingler & Greeter to Guests Coming Onboard.  Also mingling throughout the day. However, not for a 6 month Contract, perhaps just 1 month. I know the job's physical, mental, & emotional demands wear on the worker. So, yeah 1 month. With option to re-sign. 

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

Someone already mentioned of what I might do.  Greeter and mingle with the Carnival guests. I would carry a small pad, and  would talk with people mainly that are sitting down, resting, etc., and ask "their" opinion of the ship, etc. I would then like to write a little news letter, telling of instances on the ship that were "positive" to the guest, that was not expected by them!  For example, I have done many cruises, but my friend had a bad accident while we were on one of our tours.  From the time we came back from the tour to the security people meeting us outside the ship, etc. that took us directly to the medical office, etc., from then on, I never seen people work so hard to try to get everything taken care of (more than one day in the Medical office) to make her more comfortable, and to help her in everyone possible.  Once people on the ship heard or had seen what happened, they became like one big family, very concerned, and wanting to help if possible in anyway.

9 hours ago, sgttami said:

You just got a job on a Carnival ship based on your area of expertise.

Where would you be working?

Based on my area of expertise, I'd be the ship's safety officer. Now if I was back in my 20's, I'd be the cruise director.

8 hours ago, emoorehead said:

I would probably be managing the steakhouse.

That would be @coevan 's job, he our resident steak expert.

Edited by schazzy

my day job is working in information technology aka IT . I would love to do this on the ship. From what i seen on most ships, lots of wireless access points, voice over ip telephony, most likely lots of localhost internal servers for the bridge, security and guest services applications. The only downside is the horrible dial up slow like satellite latency

• Like 1