Fewer Lenses to Alaska

I just made the decision to drop the 18-200 Nikkor but keep the 28-300. I'm still keeping the 10-24, 8, 150-600 and the two bodies D5100 & D7500. I'll most likely only use the 150-600 on an ATV tour outside Denali and the next day a jeep tour road east from Cantwell. I just cannot make myself leave it home. It works so very well on the D7500 in auto ISO, F/8, lowest speed 1/500, highest ISO 1600, auto WB, VR on! All saved on U1. The lens is very sharp but somewhat heavy and I might use the mono-pod but have found I really do not need it around the country near the house for birds, distant cows and squirrels. I'll most likely tour the cruise ship using the 8mm. The other excursions I'll carry the D7500 w/28-300 while DW shoots with the D5100 w/10-24. I'll also get my first trip experience with the GoPro 7 Black - I've been practicing around home changing setting, running time-lapse, etc. It actually takes very nice 12MP stills. I got one of those head bands for the whale watch tours and flightseeing. I think I'm ready - butt load of batteries and memory cards, good chargers and cables. Not long now!

When cruising, I would have the 150-600 second body on a tripod for glacier bay and while underway for possible sea life (I didn't have mine then but it would have been on my travel tripod if I had).   Then use the 10-24 or 28-300 around the ship on the other body.

I think you'll find that you will be using the 150-600mm more often than you think.  It's wonderful for wildlife which often is from quite a distance.  I'm up early in the morning and head to a forward observation area with a cup of coffee and my long lens looking for wildlife, whales primarily.

If your ship has a naturalist they should be able to tell you the areas where you may see wildlife as you pass through. There are a humpback feeding areas that you'll want to be prepared for. Icy Strait Point and Juneau are the most noted although another is at Whale Passage down by Wrangell that you may transit through.

Loonbeam, I like that idea. I was thinking of taking only a mono-pod but would not the rather high frequency vibration from the ship cause some issues? Even w/VR on? And Glaciers, I had not considered even using it while on the ship because I've never been on an Alaskan cruise - don't know what to expect. thanks to both of you.

One other thing. I've decided to leave the 8mm at home after taking some scenic wildflower shots with the GoPro and its 12MP photo mode vs the 16MP of the D5100. Mostly will use it for grab shots around the ship.  I'm fairly sure that I will not be making prints much larger than 8x10 300dpi in a photo album or hall wall print. And I'll still have the 10-24 Nikkor handy for 16x20 prints with its 20MP sensor.